Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dining Room Lighting Options - Calling Interior Designers!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 6:48 pm
Currently we have one fixture with multiple bulbs in the center of the room. It's an open room with only two walls, so when the other lights from nearby spaces are turned on, it's not too dark. However, I've found the corner of the dining room (farthest from the light of the nearby spaces, where the two walls meet) to be shadowy and not well lit. It bothers me, but it's not dreadful.

Now I would like to do something about it and add more light. Originally when we moved in, I thought one day we'll add spotlights around the perimeter of the room. It's already quite a few years later, and I'm wondering if there are possibly other more updated options for adding lighting around the edges of a room. I've seen LED recessed lighting, but a-we don't have the type of moldings around the room that would work with such lighting, and b- the room doesn't have an exact defined space due to it being open to the living room and entryway and hallway and entrance to the kitchen.

I want to add don't suggest adding a lamp to the darkish corner. I hate hate hate floor lamps. They are impractical with crawling babies, don't direct light properly to the room, and in general give me grandma vibes.

What would be the best option for us?

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 7:04 pm
Spot lights

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:20 pm
Anyone else can weigh in?

csa123

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 11:22 pm
Def not an interior designer but have you considered adding sconces? You can add two on each side of the room. Sconces are very "in" now and there are tons of different styles depending if you want more modern or traditional.

Something like this: https://thesmittencollective.c.....room/

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 8:58 am
csa123 wrote:
Def not an interior designer but have you considered adding sconces? You can add two on each side of the room. Sconces are very "in" now and there are tons of different styles depending if you want more modern or traditional.

Something like this: https://thesmittencollective.c.....room/

I don't have wall space for sconces. There are only two walls and one has a large window. The other wall has furniture.

bp1234

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 9:01 am
I’d do surrounding spots. It’s classic and timeless and not too expensive.
Alternatively, if you’re ready to Update your light fixture, you can do 2 matching light fixtures over the table which is very stylish.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics