Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Top loader wash machine

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:19 pm
I think my front loader is giving out. The clothes are still dirty and smell. Yes, even if I put enough detergent and clean the machine every two weeks. I'm thinking of getting a top load washing machine. I've been searching online and I'm a little Overwhelmed with what's out there. What are you happy with? The main feature I am looking for is a soak feature.
Thx.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 7:58 pm
I've got one topload and one frontload. Yes, frontload stinks and doesn't soak. I love the toploader and it cleans really well. One thing I will say is if I have a towel load or bulky linen, coats etc, those don't do well in the topload, it ends up error coding and staying soaking wet, and in the frontloader works well no problem.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:37 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
I've got one topload and one frontload. Yes, frontload stinks and doesn't soak. I love the toploader and it cleans really well. One thing I will say is if I have a towel load or bulky linen, coats etc, those don't do well in the topload, it ends up error coding and staying soaking wet, and in the frontloader works well no problem.

Which machine?

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 11:46 pm
I have this machine. It has a soak feature but it only soaks for 30 min. Otherwise, I am very happy with it.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/LG-LG.....aw.ds

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:32 am
amother Denim wrote:
I have this machine. It has a soak feature but it only soaks for 30 min. Otherwise, I am very happy with it.

I have this machine too. It cleans the clothing exceptionally well with much less detergent than I used to use in my old machine. The best part about this machine is that it doesn’t have an agitator in the middle which means that you can wash blankets etc and it holds a lot more clothing. It is very deep so if you have short arms like me, it will be hard to reach the bottom but I keep a step stool next to the machine so that solves the problem.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:34 am
amother Denim wrote:

You can put it on the heavy duty setting plus soak and you will get the best wash.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 4:02 am
I have that LG one as well and once I got used to it I really like it bh

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:49 am
amother OP wrote:
Which machine?

LG frontloader about 7 yrs old. Wpl topload 2 yrs old

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 6:58 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
I have that LG one as well and once I got used to it I really like it bh

Does it have a soak feature? How long have you had it? The link I clicked on above has an agitator.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 7:20 pm
I’m the one who wrote above about the benefit of the machine not having an agitator.

I didn’t realize a different machine was linked. It looks so similar to mine. This is the one that I have. It has a 30 minute soak option.
https://www.lg.com/us/washers-.....asher
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry