Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Ocean County Library

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:09 am
Anyone have experience using the Jackson branch of Ocean County Library?
Thinking of getting a library card there to take out books for my kids but haven't used a library in years.

care4u

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Anyone have experience using the Jackson branch of Ocean County Library?
Thinking of getting a library card there to take out books for my kids but haven't used a library in years.

They're actually closing for a few weeks for renovations but I've used it, what question did you have?

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:22 am
We use jackson library. Very nice experience.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:22 am
I don't know where you're located but we use Brick and are happy.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:25 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
I don't know where you're located but we use Brick and are happy.

Same. I find it hard to pick out good books for myself from the thousands of books at the library so I put books on hold online and then go in person to pick them up once I get notified they’re ready.

Op you’re paying for the library with your tax money. Take advantage! It’s such a great resource to have.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:27 am
care4u wrote:
They're actually closing for a few weeks for renovations but I've used it, what question did you have?

The Jackson one is closing soon?
Just want to make sure they are friendly and have a decent selection of appropriate kids stuff....

care4u

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:33 am
amother OP wrote:
The Jackson one is closing soon?
Just want to make sure they are friendly and have a decent selection of appropriate kids stuff....

Ya, something about replacing the carpet -just for a few weeks.
I now live closer to the brick one so I use that- they actually have a really nice Jewish selection as well which is very kind because they know their clientele ,and I also do what another poster does, I reserve books and run in and pick them up from the nearest library.

Both the Jackson and Lakewood are very friendly and neat and as long as your kids are not running around screaming, they're definitely kid friendly as well!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:35 am
care4u wrote:
Ya, something about replacing the carpet -just for a few weeks.
I now live closer to the brick one so I use that- they actually have a really nice Jewish selection as well which is very kind because they know their clientele ,and I also do what another poster does, I reserve books and run in and pick them up from the nearest library.

Both the Jackson and Lakewood are very friendly and neat and as long as your kids are not running around screaming, they're definitely kid friendly as well!

Thanks.
My kids wouldn't be coming with me.
I've been buying used books online but now that we go through books so quickly I need a more economical solution Smile

wazup

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks.
My kids wouldn't be coming with me.
I've been buying used books online but now that we go through books so quickly I need a more economical solution Smile

Its a beautiful library- I have been going for years! They have tons of Jewish books as well which is really nice!
I did not know they were closing for repairs- I was planning to go this week. DOes anyone know when that is starting?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries