Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Drinking water vs running to the bathroom

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 2:01 pm
I don’t drink enough water. I know how much I should drink and need to drink but I never allow myself to drink what I need or I know just leaving my house that day to do something as simple as run errands will be a total nightmare bc I will be on a desperate search for a bathroom within 10 min of leaving home.
Even when I am at home it will interrupt any task I’m doing every 10 mins also to run.
If I know I am going somewhere that’s a longer drive or won’t for sure have facilities I simply will not drink and suffer the headaches etc that comes with it.

Anyone have any advice how to handle getting enough water intake that my body really needs and craves vs the total debilitation of the worlds smallest bladder 😭

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 2:07 pm
once your body gets used to the water u will not be running so often

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 2:16 pm
amother Brickred wrote:

Not in my experience. I have the same issue as op for years.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 2:20 pm
Yup, me too. I find that in the summer, even though I drink more it's not as bad probably because I sweat more, but in the winter it's really difficult.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 2:21 pm
amother Brickred wrote:

Actually- no. You won’t be running less. You might start running even more. This isn’t something your body gets used to. There are interventions that can work in some me cases, pt, surgery, but in many cases they’re not the solution or not advised.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 2:55 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
Actually- no. You won’t be running less. You might start running even more. This isn’t something your body gets used to. There are interventions that can work in some me cases, pt, surgery, but in many cases they’re not the solution or not advised.

TG I don’t have pelvic floor issues so I’m pretty sure it’s nothing as drastic as surgery. What sort of pt? Do you have personal experience?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 3:47 pm
Women's health PT

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 3:52 pm
How much are you actually drinking?

If you are dehydrated, then your urinary output isn't going to increase because the liquid is being used for your body to function properly. You often can't give blood well (for example) if you are dehydrated.

I find that if I eat high sodium stuff one day like a Chinese meal I will urinate less even if I drink lots of water. The next day when I return to a normal diet with less sodium I will urinate a lot as my body sheds the excess water it retained because of the sodium.

Also water isn't the only way we get liquids into our body. I eat a lot of fruit and raw vegetables. Soup (especially home made and not so high in sodium) is a form of liquid. On days when I have "watery" fruit like watermelon I urinate more than when my fruit is in the form of bananas - for example.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise