Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Graphic designer for a business card

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:47 pm
Dh needs someone to design a business card for him. He needs someone who can also help with the wording and etc ...

How much would it cost? Any recommendations? I see people list for cheap on fiver... Would they do a good job? I want it done well (and would pay for that) , but if a business card easy for anyone to do good....

Also where would the best place to print them be? How much does that cost?

Zemira

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:37 pm
Hi, I'm a designer. Does your DH have a logo or any other brand-related elements for his business? In my experience, business cards that look good generally are a result of the business having good branding (e.g. a clear visual "center of gravity" for the business including a logo, color palette, and specific fonts). Because info on business cards should be minimal - contact info, website, person's name and title, not much else - the strength of the card will rely on the visual identity of his business.

Without a logo and some branding work, you could have someone do a simple card on Fiverr or Upwork, but then you'll be stuck with whatever fonts or pictures they use, often not re-usable, and you won't be able to make other cohesive materials like ads etc unless you go back to the same person.

In short, I'd look into investing into brand design, and then have the brand designer do the cards, which should be a fairly cheap add-on item for most designers if they are already doing branding work for you. For printing I'd recommend either a local trustworthy print shop, or nextdayflyers.com; I use them for clients' business cards and other materials and have had good results.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics