Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you go to sleep in a clean bedroom every night?
1  2  Next

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:51 pm
Do you go to sleep in a clean bedroom?
Do you clean it in the morning? Right before you go to sleep? Constantly? Never?

Just curious?

milliemom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:54 pm
Constantly but it’s always a mess🙈

dena613

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:56 pm
My room is almost always a disaster

mommygirlx2

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:57 pm
No it’s very cluttered and it stresses me out. Apartment life. I clean it when I can but it’s never ending

boysboysboys

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:00 pm
I can’t sleep in a messy room. I clean it up in the morning - make beds etc then I am constantly keeping it clean throughout the day.

tichellady

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:25 pm
I wish. I’m not naturally neat

socialbutterfly

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:28 pm
Would be nice. DH cares more than I do, so he'll tidy up sometimes right before we go to sleep.

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:44 pm
I'm always always always cleaning my room and it's always always always a disaster.

ray family

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:33 pm
Clean yes.
Organized, no.
I usually have a laundry basket sitting in the corner either with folded stuff that needs to be put away or empty, waiting to be returned to its spot.
I have be a pile of about 10 books next to my bed.
Beds get made in the morning but sometimes my kids will mess them up over the course of the evening

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:24 pm
Usually.
I clean/tidy a bit every day. Having a tidy home is important to me so I do it.
I usually straighten the house after the kids leave. And then again with the kids before bed and after the kids go to bed.

In the morning it's usually the bedrooms and a bit of the kitchen where kids help themselves to snacks and sometimes ill do a warm breakfast that they take along to school if they don't like the school breakfasts.
In the evening, kids will help clear the table, and tidy toys.
And I'll do dishes and finish kitchen/dining/living areas.

My house is FAR from a museum. But it's important to me to have 'seder' in the house so I do it.

I also organized my house in a way that it's actually pretty easy to stay organized/tidy and clean with minimal work.

I used to clean so much more and have so much more clutter and mess. I tried a million and one times to organize and keep the house in order and it never stuck...
Bh Now I clean less and have less clutter and mess.
Find something that works for you. It makes a huge difference.
Work smarter not harder.

eduardo

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:06 am
Yes, I tidy in the morning and again after kids go to sleep. I don’t sleep well surrounded by mess, it makes my brain feel cluttered as well

DVOM

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 4:18 am
I do. I love having a tidy, restful, and beautiful room. My husband and I both tidy whenever we get a chance, and my husband dusts, sweeps and mops once a week, usually Thursdays.

I do the folding in my room, so there is usually a basket of laundry (or 3!) waiting to be folded in the corner, but somehow it doesn't bother me in an otherwise clean room. Our room is the attic under the eaves, with the fireplace going straight through the room from ceiling to floor. I'm not sure how to explain it well. Point is, you can't really see the whole room in one look, and I usually put the laundry baskets in a corner behind the fireplace, so I can't see them from my bed.

Our bedroom is on its own (very small) floor of our house, which helps. No one else's stuff migrates into our room the way it used to when we were on the ground floor.

teachkids

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 4:31 am
Hahahahahaha

I pick up the dirty laundry from the floor every few days and there’s always 2-3 baskets of laundry waiting to be put away.

LeMortedeLilac

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 4:39 am
Yes because my bedroom is kept deliberately minimalist. There a wall of floor to ceiling windows, across from my bed is a fireplace and two chairs, my bed is between two nightstands with lamps on them. Books are in the nightstands, away. There's no other furniture in my bedroom so we have a very clean esthetic. If your not dressing in your bedroom or doing your makeup there, it's easier to keep organized and clean. When we moved, I wanted to separate spaces so all my clothes are in our walk in. Makeup is by the built in vanity. Not much in our bedroom to mess with everyday. I just make the bed, done.

Beautiful

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 4:43 am
LeMortedeLilac wrote:
Yes because my bedroom is kept deliberately minimalist. There a wall of floor to ceiling windows, across from my bed is a fireplace and two chairs, my bed is between two nightstands with lamps on them. Books are in the nightstands, away. There's no other furniture in my bedroom so we have a very clean esthetic. If your not dressing in your bedroom or doing your makeup there, it's easier to keep organized and clean. When we moved, I wanted to separate spaces so all my clothes are in our walk in. Makeup is by the built in vanity. Not much in our bedroom to mess with everyday. I just make the bed, done.

Your bedroom sounds so beautiful!

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 4:57 am
What can get so messy in an adults room ? My room is always clean .

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 5:23 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

For some people the master is the hib of the home, for others it’s part laundry station.

I really appreciate a clean room, but sometimes when it’s late I’ll leave that laundry basket in the room, or my discarded evening wear on the recliner….
It bothers me though….

Motherhood

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 5:30 am
My bedroom is off-limits most of the day, so it stays clean. The kids room gets cleaned twice a week and messed up within minutes.

teachkids

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 5:52 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

The clean laundry waits in my room. My kids also get dressed in my room, adding dirty laundry …

Genius

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 6:13 am
This thread is one of the most validating threads I’ve read in a while. I’ll stop reading before the neat freaks burst my bubble. Heaven knows I try cleaning.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics