Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Better to eat 3 big meals or 3 meals and 2 snacks? to lose

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:06 pm
weight?

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:13 pm
Better to eat meals and no snacks. When you snack you have insulin and when there’s insulin you can’t lose weight. When you don’t eat for a few hours your body ends up being able to burn fat

Amarante

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:30 pm
It really depends.

The advantage of spreading your calories/food intake over the day with three meals and two snacks is that in general people tend to overeat and/or eat the wrong foods if they get too hungry.

It is pretty normal for one to get hungry mid-morning and late afternoon. If one has a healthy snack that then one isn't going to be so hungry at dinner that one overeats.

It is the same reason why eating a green salad or having a broth based soup to start a meal is a good idea as it takes the edge off your appetite.

The snack doesn't have to be huge - ideally combining food groups as they digest at different times - protein and fat tend to keep one satiated longer - carbs/fruit are quickly registered and ease the immediate hunger .

SingALong

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:05 pm
I’m eating 3 meals with 1 snacks between each meal. I’ve lost weight with this. When I skip a snack, I end up being starving by the meal and I over eat. A snack could be a fruit or Greek yogurt. Not a carb snack.
My fitness instructor told us not to go more than 2 1/2 to 3 hours between eating during the day. But overnight ok for a long 12 hour tie. Of no eating.

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:09 pm
It really depends on the situation, but snacks are good for you if you're the type to overdo it when you get too hungry. Also if you have sugar issues (as in, on the way to diabetes, or already there) it is essential to have regular snacks to keep your blood sugar stable. Snack, of course, meaning something healthy, not a bag of chips.

lilytee

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:09 pm
It’s best to eat when hungry and stop when mostly full. It will usually mean a combination of bigger and smaller meals.

If you find yourself hungry between meals then definitely go for a fruit or nuts.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:20 pm
You definitely should snack in between meals. Keep it light and healthy, with fruits, veg, nuts. This is the fuel your body, especially your adrenals, need to keep working properly.

lucky14

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 9:43 pm
3 meals, 2 snacks. So you aren’t famished in between. But make sure they’re healthy satisfying snacks and not too many calories.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 10:14 pm
Ideas of good, healthy and filling snacks???

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 10:49 pm
Snacks should have protein and fiber if possible. They help you feel and stay satisfied. A vegetable with hummus for example. It's also about portion control. And having it easily accessible.

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 10:50 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
Better to eat meals and no snacks. When you snack you have insulin and when there’s insulin you can’t lose weight. When you don’t eat for a few hours your body ends up being able to burn fat

3 meals that are high in fat and protein, low (preferably no) sugar and carbs. Eat until full. You won't feel the need to snack.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise