Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
If you do laundry every day how much clothes do your dc have

zigi

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 10:32 am
if you do laundry every day how much clothes do your dc have? I'm wondering because I don't get to the laundry that often, I have to go to the laundromat. it used to be whenever I was going to do laundry, dh had overtime. Rolling Eyes with out fail. I would plan to do it a certain night, then the phone would ring.... can you come in now? now that life slowed down, my kids still have things that they didn't wear yet. do your dc wear the same thing every few days? or they don't wear everything that they own, that you rotate their clothes?

Fabulous

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 10:52 am
I don't have any children yet (still a newlywed) but my dh had such a great idea about laundry that he did before we got married. I don't wait till everything is dirty (then I would have a houseful of laundry), I do laundry every few days and when I fold and put away I rotate in the drawers or shelves. The newly washed stuff on the bottom or in back and the older washed stuff on top or in front, so that the clothes are used equal amounts and nothing gets overused. I love this idea.

supermommy

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 10:58 am
I do laundry once a week and my dc have exactly enough clothes to last them that long.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 11:20 am
My kids b"h, have enough clothing for 1 or 1 1/2 weeks, b"h, except my 5 year old doesn't have enough uniform shirts and my 9 year old doesn't have enough pants. It also depends how neat they are. Rolling Eyes

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 11:27 am
I do laundry once or twice a week. But I would still have enough stuff to last me. My kids have more stuff than I can handle. ( the same does NOT apply to me!)

zigi

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 11:30 am
I try to buy enough to last for 2 weeks. if I am really running low I bring out the next size up or down. yo'ma so true! ds winds up ruing his clothes from school. permanent paint every where!

daamom

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 11:31 am
my kids have enough clothes to last a week, week and a 1/2, but I'm always doing extra loads of pants and underwear for my ds...

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:43 pm
my kids have enough clothes for a week to a week and a half, but how often I do laundry depends on how many times a day the baby goes thru his clothing. my 2 year old goes thru one outfit per day, like normal, but my 5 month old could go thru 2 or 3 so I need to wash more frequently.

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 12:23 pm
Does it mean something when I don't do laundry for almost 2 weeks and we're all (my husband, myself, and my 13 month old) fine until then?

mimivan

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 12:27 pm
I'm into the flylady.net program...she suggests putting in a load of laundry every day. Now I don't follow this to the letter, because this would be a waste of water...but I try to do the laundry as soon as I have enough for a full load (usually every other day)

for sure you could have enough clothes if doing laundry once or twice a week...but it is nice not to have to think about it...I always know I'll have enough (unless the laundry machine breaks like it did last week...grr..) and I like doing a little every other day than a huge amount once a week.. That's kind of the flylady idea...breaking tasks down into small bits...

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 12:33 pm
For me, I do it usually, once/week. We have enough clothes and that's usually when the hamper gets to the very top. For me to do laundry every day is a) a waste of water, and b) annoying, because I cannot do it when ds is awake. Plus, going up and down 2 flights of stairs each time is hard.

zigi

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 1:06 pm
I go to the laundromat. I sometimes go every 2 weeks. I was somewhere in the summer where I could do laundry in he house. I was washing every 2-3 days. it was great.b/c I didn't have a million loads to put away. I was used to folding 6 loads it w as so easy to just do one load and put it away right away! don't your clothes get worn out pretty fast if you are washing the same few shirts every week? do you buy name brands that hold up better?

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 1:29 pm
I hate doing laundry ... so we buy tons of underwear ... What

but if you want to own the bare minimum ... have 3 weekday outfits - one on - one in the wash - and one in the drawer ... and another outfit for shabbos (or 2 if you wanna splurge)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry