Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/o minivan vs SUV

Minivan or SUV
minivan  
 70%  [ 44 ]
SUV  
 29%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 62

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:05 pm
Which would u pick? Need to upgrade my car soon to a bigger car and can't decide, I care most about functionality and practicality I could care less about looks/image

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:06 pm
For the things you mentioned, definitely a minivan. Much easier to get kids in and out. Automatic doors. Lots of trunk space.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:06 pm
Do you have little kids? If yes a minivan is so easy

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:07 pm
If you don’t care about looks go with the mini van

SUVs are for mom who can’t imagine themselves driving a mini van

Mini van pros with kids include: door push button, getting baby in and out of the car seat, trunk hold much more it’s deeper, kids can get in and out on their own ,
If someone broke a leg much easier also, way less gas so cheaper gas bill, car insurance is usually less on a mini van

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:10 pm
I agree with everyone who chose minivan. Plus you can get into the car in tight parking spots cuz the doors don’t open out.

gr82no

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:35 pm
I like the look of a minivan better and it's roomier

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 7:39 pm
Gas on my SUV is way cheaper than my Sienna but I have a Honda CRV which is considered a mid size suv.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:08 pm
Personally I hate minivans and refuse to drive one, but I seem to be odd woman out.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:27 pm
amother Latte wrote:
If you don’t care about looks go with the mini van

SUVs are for mom who can’t imagine themselves driving a mini van

I voted minivan, but dont agree with above.
A minivan has a much different drive/feel than a suv.
Plus (depending on model) can be cheaper - and easier to get in todays understocked market

Rappel

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 8:36 pm
Where are you driving?

I would love a raised vehicle, but I frequently take my kids on dirt mountain paths, and our minivan doesn't quite cut it

That's the only area where it falls short, though. It's a beast of a machine

Basya

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:51 am
Minivans are much much more expensive than SUVs...

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:57 am
Pricing depends on the size for a full size 8 seater I was under the impression that SVFs are cost more

Basya

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:07 am
I did a ton of research when I was in the market a few months ago. Regardless of new/used/lease, or seat numbers, minivans were much more expensive.

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:13 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Personally I hate minivans and refuse to drive one, but I seem to be odd woman out.

I'm so curious why. I never understood why some people don't like them. What do you see as their downside?

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:16 am
Basya wrote:
I did a ton of research when I was in the market a few months ago. Regardless of new/used/lease, or seat numbers, minivans were much more expensive.

Same, just did tons of research we would have loved a minivan but an SUV was way cheaper.
We ended up going with a Chevy Traverse which was from the biggest decently priced large 8 seater SUV's in our price range. It still doesn't compare to a minivan trunk or sliding doors but it's really pretty great and dh loves the drive of sitting high up.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:19 am
I used to have a 7-seater SUV and now I have a minivan. I find the seat configuration in a minivan much easier and the fact that it has a normal trunk is a game changer. Personally I would not go back to an SUV....
I do have an all-wheel drive sienna since I did need all wheel drive

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:46 pm
Thanks everyone, u helped me make my decision the only thing is I want all wheel drive why oh why r the all wheel drive minivans so expensive. Didnt even think about the sliding doors till it was mentioned. Will make my life so much easier currently struggling to get my doona in my car if another car parks next to mine almost impossible to get it in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics