Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
S/O what naive thing have we all done lately?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:44 pm
amother Milk wrote:
This is bad and we cringe every time my aunt says it.
I think in Yiddish a p-ssy is a kiss.
And my aunt has zero problems yelling across a hall or wherever she is. Come give Bobby a p-ssy.
We have told her so many times that’s it’s not a nice word to use in public. Or in private. And she still can’t get it straight.

I grew up speaking Yiddish and I’ve never heard that.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:45 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
Where I live an eraser is also called a rubber. My elderly neighbor told me that I should call it an eraser and explained why.

I don't get this one. Can someone explain?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:46 pm
amother Milk wrote:
This is bad and we cringe every time my aunt says it.
I think in Yiddish a p-ssy is a kiss.
And my aunt has zero problems yelling across a hall or wherever she is. Come give Bobby a p-ssy.
We have told her so many times that’s it’s not a nice word to use in public. Or in private. And she still can’t get it straight.

I grew up with this word too and never knew it had a different meaning until Trump ran for president.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:46 pm
amother Beige wrote:
I don't get this one. Can someone explain?

A rubber is another name for a condom.

But I don't see what's wrong with calling an eraser a rubber.

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:48 pm
I once announced loud and clear in a big group of people, the funniest thing I saw, where a lady put down her baby’s car seat on the floor and the husband picked it up. I thought they were super frum and didn’t even pass the baby between them. One of the girls there later told me quietly that sometimes couples can’t pass things and I felt so stupid!

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:50 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
Dh knows someone Simcha D*ck
Poor guy! Hiding

I know him too lol. He’s my friend’s father.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:50 pm
Little sister was trying to impress us with her airport knowledge, she called the concourse 'the intercourse'

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 1:55 pm
As a teen I used to forward jokes that circled around to family group all the time. One joke I didn’t understand but I forwarded it anyway. It was a dirty joke about confusing books for boo-bs. Later my cousin told me if you don’t understand a joke don’t send it around. was mortified.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:10 pm
I grew up in America and live in Israel as an adult. My daughter learned to play the recorder in school and came home playing Jingle Bells one day. I stopped her and asked her if she knows what the song is and she said the teacher told the class that it is just a tune and no one here knows what it is or has associations with it, so there is no problem. But every time my dd played Jingle Bells it really bothered me - not because I thought it was bad for her (she doesn't know it either), but because I moved to Israel to be in a Jewish country and my sweet innocent frummy little girl is coming home with x-mas songs!!!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:17 pm
amother Navy wrote:
I know him too lol. He’s my friend’s father.

A popular pediatrician is Dr. J. d!ck.
In Yiddish/German thick =דיק

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:18 pm
After I moved to Israel from America, I lived with a roommate who got engaged/married. She left a shopping bag in the apartment with the name of a store I had never heard but it was a really good quality bag. Turns out it was a lingerie store, but I didn't learn that until I had been carrying it everywhere for 8 months I dont want to see

ittsamother

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:32 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
After I moved to Israel from America, I lived with a roommate who got engaged/married. She left a shopping bag in the apartment with the name of a store I had never heard but it was a really good quality bag. Turns out it was a lingerie store, but I didn't learn that until I had been carrying it everywhere for 8 months I dont want to see

LOL LOL I feel like lingerie stores should just not put their name on the bags... No?? So that people can actually use them...

fellowjew

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:36 pm
I remember during a shabbos meal my teenage brother talking about the Mikvah going ons, and he said I can just imagine what would happen if woman would go to the mikveh... needless to say we were holding our giggles.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:37 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
A popular pediatrician is Dr. d!ck.
In Yiddish/German thick =דיק

A woman Can't Believe It (imagine taking on that name post marriage, like from Friedman to D!ck. Can’t even spell out her own name here…. Surprised )

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:38 pm
A student asked if a husband is included in hilchos tznius and Kol isha.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:48 pm
ittsamother wrote:
LOL LOL I feel like lingerie stores should just not put their name on the bags... No?? So that people can actually use them...

I have a nice garment bag from a lingerie store, and put a name label over their name

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:48 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
A student asked if a husband is included in hilchos tznius and Kol isha.

That’s actually a great discussion to have about tznius, about there being a time and place for everything.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 2:59 pm
We were eating a seudah at my parents friends house. I was reading the cover of their bentcher, did some math, and loudly proclaimed "wow! your oldest was born 9 months after your wedding!" I was a young child and thought that was so cool for some reason.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:01 pm
amother Beige wrote:
I know this guy too. He is my cousin.

The Jewish geography on this thread.... Do yall think there's more than one?

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 3:04 pm
I sat down on the couch next to my younger sister (I was married, she was upper elementary) and she says to me “let’s get intimate”.

I’m like wait what?

She meant let’s have an intimate conversation. But weird choice of words.
Page 4 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics