Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
S/O what naive thing have we all done lately?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Rappel

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:26 pm
This is a spin off of this thread:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....48643

As people rage back and forth over "does/doesn't she understand the words??!" I'm reminded of a beautiful little note I received from my Torani neighbor after birth - on Snoopy Xmas notepaper.

I actually have it hanging on my fridge, because it just makes me smile. She saw a cute doggy on a beautiful green and red background, not a symbol of evil. It reminds me that really, life is what you make of it.

What cute/funny innocent mistakes have you done or seen done?

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:31 pm
In line with your snoopy Xmas note, I used to see little kids dressed up as Santa Claus on Purim in Israel. The whole get up with fake white beards, red hat and suit and for some reason some wore wire rimmed fake glasses. I don’t know if they still do that. I found it jarring seeing mini santa clauses walking around with mm in artzeinu hakdosha.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:32 pm
Not lately, but when I was a teenager I replied to my mother “screw you!” And I had NO idea that meant something bad. I was just angry and it popped into my head.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:36 pm
I read “Frindle” when I was 8. Decide to make up my own word. Thought long and hard about it. Loudly asked at the Shabbos table if “R*pe” is a word.

Crickets

Father: …why? did you hear that word somewhere?

Me: no. I want to make up a word and I wanted to know if that one is taken.

Everyone breathes a collective sigh of relief

Mother: it probably is. It’s a 4 letter word. I think all 4 letter combinations have been used

mommyla

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:44 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Not lately, but when I was a teenager I replied to my mother “screw you!” And I had NO idea that meant something bad. I was just angry and it popped into my head.

I once got into trouble for saying “you suck!” I also didn’t know it was crude - I guess I heard it on TV or from a friend. I was probably about 10.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:50 pm
This thread is so funny!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:50 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
I read “Frindle” when I was 8. Decide to make up my own word. Thought long and hard about it. Loudly asked at the Shabbos table if “R*pe” is a word.

Crickets

Mother: it probably is. It’s a 4 letter word. I think all 4 letter combinations have been used

omg

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:52 pm
amother Brunette wrote:

Crickets

Loving your mom's response.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:55 pm
amother Brunette wrote:

Crickets

This takes the cake! And I love your mother's response!

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:00 pm
amother Brunette wrote:

Crickets

LOL LOL LOL LOL

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:05 pm
When I was around 8 or 9 I called my father a bimbo. I had no idea what it meant, had seen it in a Garfield comic strip.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Brunette wrote:

Crickets

Ur mom is a legend!

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:07 pm
LOL She had one or two particularly brilliant parenting moments and this is definitely one of them

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:10 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
LOL She had one or two particularly brilliant parenting moments and this is definitely one of them

any others that you can recall?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:13 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
any others that you can recall?

lol yes but the other one is one of my classic stories I tell and I don’t want to out myself here.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:24 am
Was in 4th grade, my teacher announced a surprise quiz..
She was kind of behind me, so I turn my head and go “are you normal??”
She was stunned.
I was a real goodie goodie.
I apologised profusely 😂

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:33 am
Didn’t happen to me, happened to my friend. She asked her mother as an high schooler. What “counting” means. Her cousin was getting married, and she heard her talking about counting to her friends, that it’s so complicated. Her mother told her you are always good with numbers. You will be great at it!

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:41 am
I loudly and proudly claimed as a teen that I would never buy any lacy, "weird", uncomfortable pjs when I got married. I had seen some in my mother draw and couldn't think why anyone would buy such uncomfortable looking "pajamas"

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:46 am
Where I live an eraser is also called a rubber. My elderly neighbor told me that I should call it an eraser and explained why.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 12:47 am
When I was 10 or 11 or so, I told some friends in the bungalow colony who were a drop older than me, "I don't get it! I was looking at my mother's magazine, and there was a lady talking about how she decided it's time to get pregnant. How can she decide? It just happens when you're married!"
The girls all side-eyed each other and were quiet, which gave me a massive clue that I was maybe missing something. Very Happy

I figured it out a year or two later...
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics