Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Showering a 7 year old dd

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:34 pm
So I got into a bad accident and I 'm out of commission for the next few months. My 7 year old dd wants to take a shower but scared. Is it ok for my dh to go in with her in his bathing suit so she won't be so scared? He is already giving her a bath ut she is getting too big for it.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:36 pm
I don’t see the rush. She can continue taking a bath for the next few months. Especially if she’s still feeling scared. Seven is not too old for a bath.

To me personally the above suggestion of DH joining is crossing a line.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:37 pm
My daughter is only 6.5, but my husband helps bathe her all the time. She does do most of it herself already.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:38 pm
Firstly, Refuah sheleima to you
Secondly, I know it’s her father, your husband, but I don’t think it’s a great idea. Maybe you can ask a neighbor m, or a friend or relative that can help you out. Or maybe a chesed girl in your community.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:40 pm
I don't see the need to switch to a shower now. my 10 and 8 yr old dds shower but much prefer taking baths.

7 is really young.
and no, it is not appropiate at all. he can help her while he's dressed and standing near the shower but to join her? with a bathing suit? Surprised

bsy

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:43 pm
Get a removable shower head and he can help her from outside the shower

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:56 pm
Refua sheleima!
It is inappropriate for your husband to shower with your daughter.
And he shouldn't be bathing her either. She should be able to do it herself at that age, and if she needs help with her hair, he can help her with that.
You can also get a removable shower head & he can help her with her hair from behind the shower curtain.

ray family

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 9:59 pm
Why does he need to be in the shower with her?
She’s old enough to wash herself with a bit of guidance if need be.
When my kids were younger I’d stand beside the shower and just supervise to make sure they we’re washing themselves properly.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:07 pm
I shower my young kids from outside the shower. I just roll up my sleeves and take off any socks/leggings and reach in for the handheld. Is that an option? I don't see why they need to be in there together. Also I just wash their hair and they wash their own bodies as they get older. If he wants to wear a bathing suit so he doesn't get his clothes wet, fine, but I don't see why he needs to be in the shower.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:10 pm
Thanks everyone!

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:30 pm
amother Jean wrote:
My daughter is only 6.5, but my husband helps bathe her all the time. She does do most of it herself already.

Quoting myself to add that I did NOT realize that you meant going into the shower. My husband helps from the outside.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:54 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Or maybe a chesed girl in your community.

I don't think it's appropriate or fair in this day and age to put a chessed girl in the position of showering or bathing a child. I would not want my teen daughter being asked to do this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics