Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Shabbos lunch soup?

koshqueen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:38 am
I'm looking for a soup recipe that I can make in my crockpot for Shabbos lunch, any ideas? TIA!

juggling

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:41 am
Minestrone. Skip the pasta or cook it separately.

potato

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:59 am
Onion flanken soup

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/....._gl=1*st2o71*_ga*NTE4MTY3MTY4LjE3MDg2MDMwOTk.*_ga_5SKJR68LJ0*MTcwODYwMzA5OS4xLjEuMTcwODYwMzM3My4wLjAuMA..

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:55 am
Slow-Cooker Beef Stew

Yield: 8 servings

This super-simple beef stew features spoon-tender chunks of beef and a sauce that gets a deep, dark flavor from stout beer and maple syrup. The recipe calls for carrots, parsnips and potatoes, but feel free to swap in similar quantities of other root vegetables, like turnips and rutabaga, cut into large pieces. But do make sure to avoid precut stew meat from the grocery store, which is often unreliable and cut too small. A chuck roast that you cut yourself is a far better option. You can also make this on the stovetop or in the oven: Season the meat with salt, then sear it in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat in a Dutch oven. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir to combine, cover and simmer on low (or in a 325-degree oven) for 2 to 3 hours until the meat is very tender and move on to step 2.

INGREDIENTS

3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
2 large parsnips, peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
3 thyme sprigs (or 1 teaspoon dried)
2 rosemary sprigs (or 1 teaspoon dried)
3 to 3½pounds chuck roast, excess fat trimmed, cut into 2-inch chunks
⅓ cup stout beer, or beef broth
⅓ cup maple syrup
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, preferably aged
Kosher salt and black pepper

PREPARATION

Combine the carrots, parsnips, potatoes, herbs, beef, beer, maple syrup, garlic, onion and garlic powders and 1 teaspoon vinegar in a 5- to 8-quart slow cooker. Season with 2 teaspoons salt and a generous amount of pepper. Mix well to combine (feel free to use your hands). Cook on low until the meat and vegetables are very tender, 10 to 12 hours, stirring the stew once if possible; this helps the beef and vegetables cook more evenly, but if it’s not possible, it will be fine.Step 2

Remove and discard the herb sprigs. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons vinegar. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you like. Serve in shallow bowls with the meat, vegetables and some sauce.

TIP

If you have extra time, brown the meat before you start cooking for a richer, more complex flavor: Season it with salt, then work in two batches, searing the meat in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat. Transfer the meat to the slow cooker, and add a few spoonfuls of water or broth to the pan, and scrape up the browned bits. Add those to the slow cooker, too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus