Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dressing boys and black and white

What age to dress little boys in mature Shabbos clothes?
 3%  [ 1 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
 12%  [ 4 ]
 30%  [ 10 ]
 24%  [ 8 ]
 30%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 33

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:30 pm
I put this in the Lakewood forum because I'm looking for Lakewood type black hatter opinions.

At what age do you start dressing your boys on Shabbos in white shirts and black pants? Or anything approximating what the big boys and men are wearing?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:36 pm
Only when they ask. For my oldest this was in second grade. For my next it was in primary.

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:39 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
Only when they ask. For my oldest this was in second grade. For my next it was in primary.

Same.

The younger kids want sooner because they see their older brothers but the older kids don't realize as earlym

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:39 pm
First grade

mha3484

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:44 pm
Even if your son is the oldest, mine saw the older boys at shul, the park etc and wanted to be like them starting around pre1a/1st grade. He wanted to look like the big boys he saw in the neighborhood.

keym

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:48 pm
When they asked.
And I feel it's important to respect their requests
I had a 2 year old who insisted on white shirts, but was ok with colored trim and colored leggings. So be it.
Another son didn't ask until middle of primary.

Just by the beginning of primary, make sure that your son has black/blue pants and a white button down shirt for the siyums, Chumash parties, etc

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:07 pm
When my daughter was 3 she wanted to wear black pants and a white shirt just like her older brothers.

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:22 pm
When they wanted to. Like the previous posters, my oldest wanted to in 2nd grade but the younger ones at about primary.

small bean

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:57 pm
Really depends on the kud = I have a bunch of boys - My 8 yr old still likes to wear a sweater (no white shirt) on shabbos, my 5 yr old wears a suit. It's not a rule, it's when they want in my house. My boys 10 and up all wear black and white, don't remember when each of them started.

shprintz1

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:01 pm
following trying to figure this out for my son

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:09 pm
My oldest started in first grade because all the neighbors were. The rest of my boys started in primary cuz their older brothers were wearing it
Honestly, it’s so easy to buy them clothes like this. For my elementary age boys, I go to His Place, buy them a suit, pants, and white shirts, all in one place, no running around

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:18 pm
Similar topic, when do your boys stop wearing shorts and only go to pants? weekday and shabbos
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries