Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you own a robot vaccum? Please advise
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:33 am
So I am looking to purchase a good robot vaccum and mop combo.
I have tried to do research however it seems like none of them have reviews over 4.3%
If you own one please let me know which one it is and if you are happy with it?
I especially want to know about the mapping function and how well the mopping function works?
I have my eyes set on the roboroc s8 but am not sure...
TIA

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:41 am
I hav a roborock S6 and I am very happy with it.
I also am a clean freak AND have a dog who sheds a lot, so the robot has been working nonstop (every day) since I bought it nearly three years ago. I maintain it regularly.
I was less than thrilled with the service in Israel when there was a problem under their warrancy, but it was definitely a local issue so if you are elsewhere, not a problem.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:47 am
I own a roborock s7 max ultra and returned the s8 max ultra. I'm really happy. At the end of the day a human is better, but it's amazing at keeping everything vacuumed and fresh.
Mapping on the 7 was better then the 8 - the 8 bumped into more things and the 7 generally doesn't.
And the mops on both are the same. It won't clean dried baked ziti off the floor but as a general wash it's perfect.
The vacuum on the 7 felt better then the 8 but in my comparisons, I was really looking more at the mop. Not the vacuuming.
If you have any more questions, I'm happy to answer!

srbmom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:02 am
I have a Roboock S7 and love it. The mopping is not as good as a human, but for a busy mom who wouldn't have time to mop daily it is a lifesaver.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:04 am
I was just saying this. I love my robot vacuum. Not perfect but a great in between. I also have the Roborock s7.

srbmom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:38 am
To anyone reading this thread my one piece of advice is don't be cheap. I bought a cheap version of a robot vacuum and it was a total waste. For a few years I didn't understand the hype and thought people were strange for being so into them.
Now that I spent the money on the roborock, like I said before it's really a lifesaver. I have mine cleaning at least once a day, sometimes more. It gives me such peace of mind to know that in less than 20 minutes my kitchen floor can be almost perfectly clean with basically zero effort

malkysbp

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:45 am
Do these vacuums work for a household of 8 kids? Meaning orbyou feel it does a decent cleaning forba heavy traffic house?

monday

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:58 am
Highly recommend the Roborock brand vs other brands. I have the Q revo after having the S5 for years. I love it! Works wonders. Mapping technology on the Roborock is great in most models.

Like another poster said don't buy cheap robots. It will not live up to your expectations.

benny

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:07 am
I have the roborock s7 maxv for over a year now. It's pretty good. I have it vacuum my main floor every morning and vacuum/mop my kitchen every night. So my house is maintained pretty hassle free. The mopping isn't same as a person but if you maintain daily and doesn't pile up it stays pretty clean.

monday

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:15 am
malkysbp wrote:
Do these vacuums work for a household of 8 kids? Meaning orbyou feel it does a decent cleaning forba heavy traffic house?

Yes if you let it go daily. My todler spills sticky sippy cups all over the house. We wear shoes in our house so there's outside dirt. Mop does a beautiful job.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:48 am
monday wrote:
Highly recommend the Roborock brand vs other brands. I have the Q revo after having the S5 for years. I love it! Works wonders. Mapping technology on the Roborock is great in most models.

Like another poster said don't buy cheap robots. It will not live up to your expectations.

Thanks to all for your replies!
I just looked up the Q revo and it seems like it has the same functions ss the s7 with a much lower price tag. I also like the fact that it has the self drying spinning mop pads.
Does anyone know why the s7 is more expensive and if it is worth the extra $?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:54 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I own a roborock s7 max ultra and returned the s8 max ultra. I'm really happy. At the end of the day a human is better, but it's amazing at keeping everything vacuumed and fresh.
Mapping on the 7 was better then the 8 - the 8 bumped into more things and the 7 generally doesn't.
And the mops on both are the same. It won't clean dried baked ziti off the floor but as a general wash it's perfect.
The vacuum on the 7 felt better then the 8 but in my comparisons, I was really looking more at the mop. Not the vacuuming.
If you have any more questions, I'm happy to answer!

Tks for this reply,
Does the machine need alot of maintenance?
Do you need to purchase supplies for it like mopping detergent, vaccum refill bags?
Are the mops on the s7 self washingand drying? If not then do you have to rinse them out each time ?
I am also wandering how a single mop pad can clean my floors properly without just pushing around dirt?
I would love to hear more about the mopping function and if you think it's worth buying this more pricey model for it?
TIA

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:56 am
srbmom wrote:
To anyone reading this thread my one piece of advice is don't be cheap. I bought a cheap version of a robot vacuum and it was a total waste. For a few years I didn't understand the hype and thought people were strange for being so into them.
Now that I spent the money on the roborock, like I said before it's really a lifesaver. I have mine cleaning at least once a day, sometimes more. It gives me such peace of mind to know that in less than 20 minutes my kitchen floor can be almost perfectly clean with basically zero effort

Which model roboroc do you have?
Is the Q revo considered cheap?

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:06 am
I have the q revo, I don't think it's considered a cheap vacuum.. I can't compare it to anything though it's my first robot vacuum... I really like it but it does not work well on dried on stains and I have a high gloss floor and it does leave some streaks but I kept it anyway .

monday

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:06 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks to all for your replies!
I just looked up the Q revo and it seems like it has the same functions ss the s7 with a much lower price tag. I also like the fact that it has the self drying spinning mop pads.
Does anyone know why the s7 is more expensive and if it is worth the extra $?

The Roborock website has a compare feature where can view the specs side by side of a few models. Perhaps pull them up. It might be a bigger mop tank on the actual robot or lower volume etc..

The Q revo (prob other models too) has a setting that it goes back to the dock to wash the mop between rooms or however frequent you want it to go.

monday

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:10 am
I don't consider any Roborock Cheap, even if you get a good price. Cheap means brands like off brand robots you find on Amazon.

In Roborock app you can set how strong the mopping should be. For me balanced is enough, so no strwaks. Maybe stronger does leave streaks? but I have it run daily so I don't have hard stuck stains. I have my Q Revo for 6 months.

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:19 am
monday wrote:
I don't consider any Roborock Cheap, even if you get a good price. Cheap means brands like off brand robots you find on Amazon.

In Roborock app you can set how strong the mopping should be. For me balanced is enough, so no strwaks. Maybe stronger does leave streaks? but I have it run daily so I don't have hard stuck stains. I have my Q Revo for 6 months.

Do you have a high gloss floor?

monday

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:35 am
amother Carnation wrote:
Do you have a high gloss floor?

No I don't. That's probably why I don't see streaks.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:41 am
Do you clear have to clear the floor from toys and other stuff like that before letting the vacuum run?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:42 am
Does anyone have the Miele one?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry