Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
From OOT, what are the ladies doing to look so awesome?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 4:14 pm
Getting "work" is more common than people realize. I think if you have good genetics at this point people actually assume that you did "work".

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 4:28 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Where do you go in Lakewood for this?

Aidel is incredible.
https://oceanmedispa.com/for-face/

Librarian

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 5:51 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Nicer sheitels perhaps, that make their overall appearance look great?
Personally I hate the look of botox and fillers. I know someone who does it and all it has taught me is, not doing it! I'll just take my aging as gracefully as I can.
BH I'm in my upper 40's and I'm told I still look young....I do slather with moisturizer morning and night, and in-between if I feel dry. My grandmother, she should live to 120, looked great for a very long time and she was the queen of moisturizing.

If you can tell someone did botox and fillers then it was a bad job.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 5:54 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
This is a real generational divide, our mothers and grandmothers were not doing all this. What changed?

My mother does fillers and lashes and so do I.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:20 pm
It depends on what you call looking great. If you are in your mid fifties and want to really look great like the OP posted, good genes is not enough. I had a consultation with a top plastic surgeon. He told me I won the genetics lottery. This is true. But I still get subtle fillers, very very subtle botox (you can see my "elevens"). I had in office radiofrequency treatment excelis which helps to tighten the skin but it does not last too long and another laser treatment for brown and red spots. I am on HRT (not for vanity) which is a HUGE component to aging well. Menopause is a bear. I take collagen and fish oil supplements. I eat green leafy vegetables, avocado and nuts. I use sunscreen all day, every day, even in the winter, even indoors. I use a retinaldhyde which is a lighter form of retin A but stronger than retinol. I moisturize. I double cleanse. No physical exfoliation, only chemical. I wear a very light tinted glowy foundation with a good primer if I wear makeup at all and I lightly powder as needed so my pores and wrinkles are not amplified by the shine. If I have an important occasion I will get lash extensions done. I may get a "lifting" facial. Very light on the eye makeup. I only wear eyeliner on my top eyelid if at all, in the outer corners, making sure to go UP above the lash line. Light to medium lip color never dark. I do intermittent fasting so I am very thin. I dress young but not teenagery. It's a tough balance but I am very picky with my clothes I think it makes a big difference. I wear a lace top wig but the hairline is filled in and has a little bit of height. I will do crest white strips as needed. I SMILE.
You may think I spend my whole life on my physical body but you would be quite mistaken. A trip to the cosmetic dermatologist 2-3 times a year. Lashes maybe 4 times a year unless it is for my own simcha. Facial 2 -3 times a year at most. My skincare routine takes a few minutes at night and in the morning. I only recently started getting manicures every 2 weeks. But all this costs MONEY. I work very hard for many years in a very difficult job. At this point in my life I spend some of that money on myself.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:45 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
My mother does fillers and lashes and so do I.

Can you explain what it means to have your lashes done?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:08 pm
Many people are doing Botox and fillers, especially once they hit 40. When done subtly it makes a huge difference and you don’t walk away looking fake. I use ocean medi spa in Lakewood. The first time I went to her I thought I needed more work done but she convinced me to start slowly. I appreciated her honesty. In my experience people are usually quick to push their product on you because that’s how they make money.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:30 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Can you explain what it means to have your lashes done?

Getting false lash extensions. Can also be done "semi-permanent" but that means upkeep with touch ups. Can lead to alopecia of the lashes if done consistently. But plenty of women do it regularly like a gel manicure. I just go to a local mani/pedi/waxing store where they also do makeup and the makeup artist glues false eyelash extensions that last the night. I tell her to make them extra short (she cuts them). I do it from time to time if the event is very important to me. It costs $30. For a simcha in EY I had the semi-permanent ones done it was great I did not have to use mascara or any eye liner all week! It was $75 and I had to drive 20 minutes to get to the place that does it. Lasted beautifully for over a month. Also can have someone come to your house that would cost more like $140. I did that for my child's simcha AFTER the wedding. I wanted more dramatic lashes for the wedding so did the regular one day type. Then had the semi-permanent done so I looked nice for all of sheva brochos. Made getting ready for sheva brochos a breeze it was worth every penny!
There are lash and brow serums that promote hair growth that really work. I use it on my brows and they are all filled in and look great. But these serums should never be used on lashes they cause dry eye which is a maka I don't wish on my worst enemy. There have been lawsuits. Castor oil also works but I had to stop using it because it can cause milia (tiny white bumps) and I am prone to them.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:35 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Getting false lash extensions. Can also be done "semi-permanent" but that means upkeep with touch ups. Can lead to alopecia of the lashes if done consistently. But plenty of women do it regularly like a gel manicure. I just go to a local mani/pedi/waxing store where they also do makeup and the makeup artist glues false eyelash extensions that last the night. I tell her to make them extra short (she cuts them). I do it from time to time if the event is very important to me. It costs $30. For a simcha in EY I had the semi-permanent ones done it was great I did not have to use mascara or any eye liner all week! It was $75 and I had to drive 20 minutes to get to the place that does it. Lasted beautifully for over a month. Also can have someone come to your house that would cost more like $140. I did that for my child's simcha AFTER the wedding. I wanted more dramatic lashes for the wedding so did the regular one day type. Then had the semi-permanent done very naturally so I looked nice for all of sheva brochos but did not look crazy for grocery shopping. Made getting ready for sheva brochos a breeze it was worth every penny!
There are lash and brow serums that promote hair growth that really work. I use it on my brows and they are all filled in and look great. But these serums should never be used on lashes they cause dry eye which is a maka I don't wish on my worst enemy. There have been lawsuits. Castor oil also works but I had to stop using it because it can cause milia (tiny white bumps) and I am prone to them.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:39 pm
I'm in my 40s. No botox or filler but I've been getting my lashes done for years (lasts 5-6 weeks) and always use sunscreen under makeup.

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:39 pm
I'm in my 40s. No botox or filler but I've been getting my lashes done for years (lasts 5-6 weeks) and always use sunscreen under makeup.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:51 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Many people are doing Botox and fillers, especially once they hit 40. When done subtly it makes a huge difference and you don’t walk away looking fake. I use ocean medi spa in Lakewood. The first time I went to her I thought I needed more work done but she convinced me to start slowly. I appreciated her honesty. In my experience people are usually quick to push their product on you because that’s how they make money.

You are lucky to have such a great medi spa available to you. I go to a cosmetic dermatologist. She is fabulous, very very light touch but MDs charge a lot more unfortunately. You can tell a mile away when a women went to a cheap drive through type medi spa. Those are the results that give fillers and botox a bad name. Like I posted before, if you can tell someone had filler or botox then it is a bad job. Intellectually you may understand that someone had these treatments done because no way can someone post menopause naturally look this good, but you should not be able to "see" it.

oneofakind

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:58 pm
This is a little off topic but does collagen really help?

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:59 pm
Does anyone have a recommendation for fillers/botox in NYC that is subtle? Seems like folks in Lakewood have some places. I have a simcha upcoming and would really like to do something about my "11"s (I am early 50s).

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:02 pm
Where can I go to get my lashes done in Lakewood and is it a problem when using the Mikva?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:03 pm
I am so sad that my skin is aging. So disillusioned with moisturizers etc. I believe its mostly genes.
I almost never wear makeup either.

I am in my low 40s and would love to do something potent but don't know where to start.

Who in Monsey does botox well?

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:15 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
It depends on what you call looking great. If you are in your mid fifties and want to really look great like the OP posted, good genes is not enough. I had a consultation with a top plastic surgeon. He told me I won the genetics lottery. This is true. But I still get subtle fillers, very very subtle botox (you can see my "elevens"). I had in office radiofrequency treatment excelis which helps to tighten the skin but it does not last too long and another laser treatment for brown and red spots. I am on HRT (not for vanity) which is a HUGE component to aging well. Menopause is a bear. I take collagen and fish oil supplements. I eat green leafy vegetables, avocado and nuts. I use sunscreen all day, every day, even in the winter, even indoors. I use a retinaldhyde which is a lighter form of retin A but stronger than retinol. I moisturize. I double cleanse. No physical exfoliation, only chemical. I wear a very light tinted glowy foundation with a good primer if I wear makeup at all and I lightly powder as needed so my pores and wrinkles are not amplified by the shine. If I have an important occasion I will get lash extensions done. I may get a "lifting" facial. Very light on the eye makeup. I only wear eyeliner on my top eyelid if at all, in the outer corners, making sure to go UP above the lash line. Light to medium lip color never dark. I do intermittent fasting so I am very thin. I dress young but not teenagery. It's a tough balance but I am very picky with my clothes I think it makes a big difference. I wear a lace top wig but the hairline is filled in and has a little bit of height. I will do crest white strips as needed. I SMILE.
You may think I spend my whole life on my physical body but you would be quite mistaken. A trip to the cosmetic dermatologist 2-3 times a year. Lashes maybe 4 times a year unless it is for my own simcha. Facial 2 -3 times a year at most. My skincare routine takes a few minutes at night and in the morning. I only recently started getting manicures every 2 weeks. But all this costs MONEY. I work very hard for many years in a very difficult job. At this point in my life I spend some of that money on myself.

I'm exhausted reading this. I'm over 50 and do none of these things. (Admittedly, I haven't hit menopause.) I just don't care about looks and thankfully, my husband thinks I look fine (I don't, but as long as he thinks so..) I think he would be very turned off if I spent a lot of money on my looks.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:41 pm
oneofakind wrote:
This is a little off topic but does collagen really help?

There is evidence that collagen supplements do help build collagen in the body. They certainly help with joint and muscle pain. Collagen on the skin does not penetrate the skin barrier.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:54 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
I'm exhausted reading this. I'm over 50 and do none of these things. (Admittedly, I haven't hit menopause.) I just don't care about looks and thankfully, my husband thinks I look fine (I don't, but as long as he thinks so..) I think he would be very turned off if I spent a lot of money on my looks.

I don't think it's exhausting at all. On a day to day I spend maybe 6 minutes. Then every now and then I invest a little more time, especially around a simcha when I care more. It is a lot of money, I probably spend about $3000 a year. Not the skin care, I spend peanuts on that , but the rest. My husband is the type who would not notice if I gained 50lbs. He still sees a 19 year old girl. This is all for me. I have noticed that many (not all and maybe not even most) women who are beautiful end up caring about aging more than others. If you are used to being very attractive it can be a hard thing to lose. But I also think it is a terrible, sad delusion to think any treatment in the world can make you look truly young. That should not be a goal, for many reasons one of which is that it is unobtainable. Even with plastic surgery. MY intent is to look as good as I can for my age. I have no problem with the wrinkles around my eyes. I don't expect or want to look like I am 30. Nice healthy looking skin and teeth go a long way and make me feel good.

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:13 pm
gazingblue wrote:
Any recommendations for a really good moisturizer for sensitive skin?

I have very sensitive skin and I love caudalie moisterizers , they are gently and non greasy

https://www.sephora.com/produc.....72454

This is the base line one and works great for basic moisturizer . I also use the anti-aging ones
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries