Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
From OOT, what are the ladies doing to look so awesome?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:30 am
Anyone in the 50’s age bracket who cares about moisturizer, can you please share a link of the moisturizer you use?
I am using cerave and I’ve been using moisturizer over the years but I feel like I need something else now.

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:05 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Anyone who fills their lips even subtly doesn't look refreshed.

Who mentioned lip fillers? Fillers used subtly erase marionette lines for example. They are done on the face.

The women I know aren’t using fillers for their lips.

The reality is that good plastic surgery doesn’t look obvious. For example, there are really good nose jobs where it is a nose someone could be born with and there are bad o4 mediocre nose jobs which are obvious.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:14 am
amother Powderblue wrote:
I go to Sorah Gottlieb in Lakewood.

What’s her number?
She sells moisturizer or makeup? Thanks

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:18 am
Bare minerals makes a really nice lightweight moisturizer that I love.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:23 am
amother OP wrote:
Early forties is very young.
You don’t need Botox at that age.
I looked fabulous then. I’m 57

For the record, the younger you do botox the better. Because the goal is to prevent lines, which you develop as you get older. The ideal age to start botox is in yours 20's actually

I think maintaining a good skincare routine over a long period of time is really going to be the most effective

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:28 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
What’s her number?
She sells moisturizer or makeup? Thanks

https://refinedcosmetics.com/

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:29 am
Am I the only one that thought Botox was for Hollywood?! Is this really the norm for regular frum women?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:34 am
I think it's the whole package not just skin. These women most likely spend a lot more time, energy and money to look good. That includes it all - tailored clothing, quality makeup and skincare, perfect wigs, etc.

lolymom

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:00 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
For the record, the younger you do botox the better. Because the goal is to prevent lines, which you develop as you get older. The ideal age to start botox is in yours 20's actually

I think maintaining a good skincare routine over a long period of time is really going to be the most effective

Actually that’s not necessarily true. Botox/ fillers migrates to other areas in your face, and you need to keep on doing it if you want to upkeep which causes people to start looking a lot worse once they hit their actual maturing age. Look at all the celebrities that had work done starting at young ages who are now in their 50s/60s they look lopsided and terrible majority of them, you need to make sure you drain the Botox/filler every so often which is very expensive and most people don’t do it when doing Botox/ filler consistently. My mother who is hitting 60 looks fabulous for her age (constantly getting compliments that she looks like my sister etc.) she never touched her face with anything like that. She just drinks a lot, moisturizes with basic moisturizer nothing expensive etc. and I think it’s just good genes at the end of the day which she was blessed with.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:14 pm
lolymom wrote:
Actually that’s not necessarily true. Botox/ fillers migrates to other areas in your face, and you need to keep on doing it if you want to upkeep which causes people to start looking a lot worse once they hit their actual maturing age. Look at all the celebrities that had work done starting at young ages who are now in their 50s/60s they look lopsided and terrible majority of them, you need to make sure you drain the Botox/filler every so often which is very expensive and most people don’t do it when doing Botox/ filler consistently. My mother who is hitting 60 looks fabulous for her age (constantly getting compliments that she looks like my sister etc.) she never touched her face with anything like that. She just drinks a lot, moisturizes with basic moisturizer nothing expensive etc. and I think it’s just good genes at the end of the day which she was blessed with.

Botox is very different than filler. Botox essentially paralyzes the muscles while filler is a substance with no active ingredients being injected under the skin to increase fullness in specific areas.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:00 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Nicer sheitels perhaps, that make their overall appearance look great?
Personally I hate the look of botox and fillers. I know someone who does it and all it has taught me is, not doing it! I'll just take my aging as gracefully as I can.
BH I'm in my upper 40's and I'm told I still look young....I do slather with moisturizer morning and night, and in-between if I feel dry. My grandmother, she should live to 120, looked great for a very long time and she was the queen of moisturizing.

can you share a link of the product you use please?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:06 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
can you share a link of the product you use please?

I use this Bare Minerals lightweight moisturizer and it's working great for me! Doesn't dry oily. It's also very clean brand (won't make u break out of irritate skin)
https://amzn.to/3UTj8D2

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:25 pm
I think for a lot of women it is genetics . drinking a lot of water and avoiding the sun
Can help lots too.

But for the rest of us can anyone give a
recommendation of someone good in monsey for Botox/fillers ?

Ima_Shelli

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:26 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Am I the only one that thought Botox was for Hollywood?! Is this really the norm for regular frum women?

Apparently. Also per this site frum kallahs are all getting full body laser hair removal. Who knows.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:28 pm
amother Peach wrote:
Lots of women nowadays are doing work:
Botox
Fillers
Lash lifts or falsies
Laser

You name it . I didn’t realize how prevalent it was in the frum /heimish world until I made the discovery.

This is a real generational divide, our mothers and grandmothers were not doing all this. What changed?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:49 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
I think for a lot of women it is genetics .

This.

I'm pushing fifty and have very smooth, clear skin, B"H and am often mistaken for a good fifteen years younger than I am

I have never used expensive products and can count on one hand the number of beauty treatments such as facials or brow tinting I have had in my life. In fact I always tell my DH how lucky he is that I'm so low maintenance.

I'm not especially slim, but I exercise and am toned and have a very nicely proportioned figure.

I try to eat healthy, but also manage to eat too much junk.

The only thing I can really put it down to I genetics. My mother is proof of that as was her mother.....

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:56 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
This is a real generational divide, our mothers and grandmothers were not doing all this. What changed?

While I don't know of anyone who does these things, I don't get the question?

There are so many things we do differently than our grandparents generation.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 3:59 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:

In my personal opinion: Instagram and all the social pressures that have infiltrated our society .

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 4:06 pm
People often think I am younger than I am. Sunscreen is most important. I have been using skincare products from here donnadakar.com for years. Excellent skincare.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 4:09 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Where do you go in Lakewood for this?

Era plastic surgery
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries