Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Does it make sense to send son OOT school in this situation

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:15 am
My son will havta apply to high school next year..does it make sense to send him out of town since he doesnt have any neighbors his age and doesnt have friends in the neighborhood and always bored on shabbos and after school..?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:23 am
If he stays home what are the school hours? In Lakewood the hours are much later and there isn't much time to be bored at home during the week (bored during loooong breaks in yeshiva during the day is a different story)

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:31 am
I am not in lkwd.
My son is in ninth grade in a local, non-dorm yeshiva. He is out of the house from 7:10 AM- 9:55 PM.

He is home Friday afternoons (nothing social abt that) and on most Shabbosim (probably3/4 shabbosim at home, 1/4 in yeshiva). He learns with chavrusas on shabbos, and interestingly has developed learning relationships with boys in the neighborhood he had no shaychus with in elementary.

So if your son will be home as little as mine is, it does matter what neighborhood he's in. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics