Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
SheIn!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:22 am
I need an item which is hard to find and can be found there. I don't want to support antisemitic or anti Israel stores. But - I really want to buy things there. I haven't shopped there since October.

Does anyone know if they have new contracts with Israeli influencers? Anything to indicate they are not anti Israel? Any news on this? What are people doing?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:53 am
Unpopular opinion, but there are plenty more companies that sell pro Palestinian merch, not sure why shein is the only one boycotted. I personally still shop on there (which is why I'll be posting anon)

GrowingUp

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:01 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
Unpopular opinion, but there are plenty more companies that sell pro Palestinian merch, not sure why shein is the only one boycotted. I personally still shop on there (which is why I'll be posting anon)

It wasn’t just the Palestinian merch they sell, they made a statement by cancelling contracts with Israeli social media influencers.

https://www.israelhayom.com/20.....oned/

amother
Black

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:22 pm
I shop shein and will continue. No I'm not supporting anti semitism .

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:57 pm
Lakewooder here, I was mentioning to my kids that I wanted to buy something on Shien (also didn't buy anything since October!). They showed me a letter printed in the Voice this week that someone bought something there and package came with colors of Palestinian flag! She was reminding ppl to not buy there !
What

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:47 pm
GrowingUp wrote:
It wasn’t just the Palestinian merch they sell, they made a statement by cancelling contracts with Israeli social media influencers.

https://www.israelhayom.com/20.....oned/

This is what has me most concerned. does anyone know if the collaborations were reinstated (or whatever the word is)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 2:00 pm
Red and green? That was xmis

paperflowers

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:31 pm
Can you find the item on Poshmark? I would try to buy used before directly support Shein - but that's my take on fast fashion in general, not just because of their views on Israel.

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:33 pm
Try Temu. It is almost identical to Shein, even has some of the same pics.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:39 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
Try Temu. It is almost identical to Shein, even has some of the same pics.

Thanks for this idea. I tried looking around and haven't found what I'm looking for yet. (And tried a Google image search and it didn't come up)

Mommy1!

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:17 am
Google
is Shein pro Palestinian
(you can also Google
is aliexpress pro Palestinian)

I mean, Rabbi Dr. Professor Google Esq. says it straight out. WHY would any Jewish person patronize a company that openly professes it's hatred for you? To save a few dollars? Because you can't find it anywhere else (there must be somewhere else that has something similar). I loved Shein but apparently it doesn't love me, so no more.

[And yes, I know there are many other companies that don't exactly love us either but when the hatred is so blatant, how can you just blow it off?]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics