Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
A pizza shop/kids-friendly restaurant in Baltimore
1  2  Next

gryp

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 9:42 am
I'm looking for a pizza shop or the like to take my kids to in Baltimore. Anyone have any suggestions? It needs to have pareve foods too for my 2 that can't have dairy.
Also, it has to be Chalav Yisroel.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 9:47 am
http://www.star-k.org/cons-bal.....s.htm

Tov Pizza is a good pizza shop, very big with lots of room

Mama Leah's is good too

Milk and Honey Bistro is more a luncheon place, you can get mac and cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 9:50 am
Caramel's also has a lot of space. They have various calzones and knishes, tuna, salad, eggs, etc for your pareve eaters.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 10:23 am
IMO, Caramel's has the best pizza in Baltimore.
Mama Leah's pizza is very bland and the cheese always falls off the crust. Tov's is also fairly bland, but a bit better than Mama Leah's.

I was never a pizza fan until moving to Baltimore and eating Caramel's pizza.

Eden Cafe (at the JCC) is also kid friendly and has a good menu, and the place is nice looking. I also like their pizza.

Milk and Honey is an annoying place to go with kids because it's small and there's not a lot of seating. Basically all the other Dairy places in town (except Cocoaccino's) have ample room and are kid-friendly.

GR, let me know if you want to meet up while you're in town Smile

sky

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:01 am
I also like Carmel's pizza the best - but I'm always out voted - everyone else lovs tov pizza.

I think Cocachinno may have some chalav stam stuff and you have to ask for chalav yisroel (I'm not sure about it though) but it may be a problem if you care about keilim

I happen to love Goldbergs bagels - its not pizza but their food is really good and there is a lot of seating.

gryp

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:26 am
How am I ever going to choose which one to go to???
Are any of these places Cholov Yisroel exclusively?

Thank you so much for helping me out with this, Baltimorians!Smile

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:28 am
All the places are completely CY except for Cocoaccino's. Caramel's also has CY ice cream and soft serve.

Atali

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:30 am
My personal favorite is Mama Leah's.

Also at Milk and Honey I don't think that the bread is pas yisrael (in general pas yisrael is a bigger issue for Lubavitchers in Baltimore since all star-k restaurants are by definition cholov yisrael), but you can always get something without bread.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:33 am
At Caramel's they make their own pita, but the bread you'd have to ask about.

gryp

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:38 am
I never realized what a NY'er I was until all this talk about cholov and pas yisroel. Tongue Out

Are they all basically centrally located? Otherwise I'm just going to pick the closest one. Rolling Eyes I recognize some of the street names and areas but I've never been to the area I'm staying in, I don't think.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:40 am
www.shamash.org for all the addresses. They're not centrally located.

Atali

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:41 am
GR wrote:
I never realized what a NY'er I was until all this talk about cholov and pas yisroel. Tongue Out

Are they all basically centrally located? Otherwise I'm just going to pick the closest one. Rolling Eyes I recognize some of the street names and areas but I've never been to the area I'm staying in, I don't think.

Where are you staying and will you have access to a car? If not, your choices are very limited since Baltimore is pretty spread out.

gryp

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:50 am
Thanks again for all your help!

Quote:

Where are you staying

I don't know, LOL. I've never been there before and haven't seen an address yet.
We're renting a van so we can drive wherever.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 3:08 pm
so where did you end up and how did you like it?

gryp

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 3:14 pm
LOL, Kumphort. LOL I haven't gone yet! But our trip is coming up closer. A few more days IYH.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 3:24 pm
GR wrote:

I remember when it was like that in NY.

queen

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 12:08 pm
If you want to treat you and your husband to the world's BEST sandwiches.... (sub or regular) check out the knish shop on Reisterstown Road. Phone number: 410.484.5850.

They have knishes
tuna, egg, white fish etc.
salmon (many varieties)
MANY pareve salads to choose from
and extensive deli selection.

If you want more ambiance, (fine with kids, not fancy, just nicer) try Accents Grill (next to Shoppers, on Smith Avenue)

Enjoy Baltimore
Queen

gryp

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 12:12 pm
Thanks, queen. It turns out that if we go out to eat, other family members will join us. So we'll decide last minute where's the best place to go.
I would really love to meet some Baltimore Imamothers, but I'm not sure how this whole Baltimore trip is going to play out. If my kids are up to it, we'll go out to eat, if not, we'll just come back home.

OldYoung

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 12:14 pm
mmmmmmmmmmmm I remember going to Tov Pizza when I was kid when we'd go to Baltimore to visit my grandparents. Wink I'm sure there are other nicer places around, though.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 7:36 pm
I agree to The Knish Shop sub recommendation Smile
Not so much place to sit there though Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics