Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bachelors (BS) from brick/mortar vs online?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:11 am
Seems like an online program from a place like Sara Schenirer is a good deal as far as expense of time but online format seems like a difficult format from which to learn. Especially in math based subjects.
My DC is looking at a data science degree which, for example, involves 2 semesters of calculus.
Does it take a genius to be successful at such a program? It obviously involves a lot of self discipline.
Otherwise it could potentially be a good deal financially. The classes are lumped in evenings for the most part which would allow also part time job.

Ive researched other online programs and there are a wide range of options in the secular environment. I cant be sure if any are quality programs.

And regular college seems like such a potential waste of time due to offered class times.

We dont live in-town so a TTI program is not doable from what I know.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:38 am

ectomorph

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:53 am
Every person is different. I had to do brick and mortar classes for anything beyond precalculus. I'm sure there are people who can do it online, but I wasn't one of them.

There are lots of free resources online. If she's the type who can pick up a book and work her way through without much feedback, she may be fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics