Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Im not dysfunctional (light thread)
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:17 pm
Sometimes things my kids do make me seem dysfunctional but im really normal heres my examples
My kid is eating cereal and milk for supper instead of the lasagna I made
My kid is wearing a winter hat when its 70 degrees because he insisted
What are your examples?

hodeez

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:20 pm
My 3 year old thinks underwear is optional
My girls sleep in their uniforms some nights
I let my 9 months old eat cheerios from the floor/carpet as he learns to sit

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:21 pm
My son wearing pajamas on the porch shabbos morning because he refused to get dressed.
My son falling asleep at 10pm after 2.5 hrs of being in bed

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:23 pm
I watch over myself postpartum and sometimes turn down invitations to social events that others would find mandatory. Not because I’m dysfunctional but because I’m watching over myself not to slip down that slippery slope.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:46 pm
My toddler absolutely refuses to wear a hat. I put it on and it’s off 30 seconds later. I tried putting a hood over but it just adds another 15 seconds and it comes off anyway. I try not to go out when it’s really cold but there’s nothing I can do about it 🤷‍♀️

amother
White

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:52 pm
My 1.5 year old doesn’t wear socks-I’m the cold

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:02 pm
My 1 year old is perpetually dirty and covered in food. Take tonight for example… First we played outside where she found one tiny puddle and managed to get mud all over herself. Then she scratched some chalk pieces. Come supper, she only likes feeding herself! So tuna all over. Then comes bath time - finally clean BH! After her bath she got a milk bottle. Soon after we found her in the playroom purposely dripping milk all over her head! I’m not bathing her again every time she puts things in her hair, so a baby wipe will have to do 😂

Unigala

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:21 pm
I love this!!

My toddler gets a bath every night but somehow has crunchy hair after breakfast every morning!!

Thier noses are faucets no matter how hard I wipe them it's hopeless

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:25 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
My toddler absolutely refuses to wear a hat. I put it on and it’s off 30 seconds later. I tried putting a hood over but it just adds another 15 seconds and it comes off anyway. I try not to go out when it’s really cold but there’s nothing I can do about it 🤷‍♀️

Yep, that's my kids with gloves and my toddler with the rain cover in the stroller. Yes I know she's getting wet, I'm literally running home but it doesn't help to put on the rain cover because she's strong enough to pull it off!

My kids also have been known to eat things like kidney beans and cottage cheese for supper. That is not what I made LOL

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:25 pm
My toddler sometimes insists on going to school in Pajamas. I pick my battles Cool

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:48 pm
My 7 year old is wearing a dirty disheveled old yalmuka that I pulled up from somewhere after throwing his brand new one he wore for the first time today out his second floor window and into the gutter.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:52 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Yep, that's my kids with gloves and my toddler with the rain cover in the stroller. Yes I know she's getting wet, I'm literally running home but it doesn't help to put on the rain cover because she's strong enough to pull it off!

My kids also have been known to eat things like kidney beans and cottage cheese for supper. That is not what I made LOL

I forgot about the rain cover. Needless to say that gets yanked off too. I once got stuck in the rain and my toddler came home all wet. Kid was happy as anything Very Happy

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:00 pm
My special needs son coming to school in wet pants. He wet it on the way.
Or right before he left, I didn't have a chance to run up to change him before missing his bus and I don't drive so don't have another ride to school. (He has a change of clothing at school).

mommyla

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:14 pm
I promise that my kids have normal clothes and I know how to style their hair. They’d just rather pick their own outfits and do their own hair.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:43 pm
mommyla wrote:
I promise that my kids have normal clothes and I know how to style their hair. They’d just rather pick their own outfits and do their own hair.

Yes same!
And we really own socks, they just all hate wearing them in warm weather.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 7:53 pm
My 5 year old DD really does own pony holders. Even cute ones . We look dysfunctional because she takes them out the second she leaves the house in the morning and shows up to school , Sunday fun classes, wherever with loose disheveled hair.

Bleemee

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 8:10 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
I watch over myself postpartum and sometimes turn down invitations to social events that others would find mandatory. Not because I’m dysfunctional but because I’m watching over myself not to slip down that slippery slope.

👍 Super functional! Good idea!

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
My 7 year old is wearing a dirty disheveled old yalmuka that I pulled up from somewhere after throwing his brand new one he wore for the first time today out his second floor window and into the gutter.

Sorry to derail but this one got me a little nervous. If your kids can throw things out a second floor window down to the gutter please reassure me that there’s no way they can get the window open enough or lean on it and chas veshalom get out too. Make sure there are safety gates at all your windows. Kids do the craziest things. As long as they’re only walking around with tuna in their hair in mismatched clothes looking disheveled we’re all happy.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 8:22 pm
My 3 year old refuses to let me wet/ brush her fluffy bed hair in the morning so yes she comes to Morah like that. So much so the well meaning Morah commented one day that her hair looks neat and fresh. I’m not dysfunctional I just want my daughter and I to be on talking terms before we leave the house in the morning!!

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 9:40 pm
I was once called into the preschool director's office--the DIRECTOR!--to tell me that my dc crawled under the table to pick up and eat a piece of candy someone had dropped there. She treated me to a lecture on how I should send the kid with at least one junk food snack each day because obviously the child was not getting the minimum daily requirement of sugar. Apparently they had never heard of a kid with a sweet tooth who will eat nosherei in any form, at any time, in any amount, so obviously this child was deprived.

I learned from my experience and from the experience of friends that teachers and directors will lie to your face and claim that "in 25 years of teaching we never had a child who did (fill in whatever your child did) or didn't (fill in whatever your child refused to do). You just know that in every class there's at least one who does_____ or doesn't ______.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics