Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Straight out of the shower look
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:44 am
I did my wigs this week, and the sheitel macher mentioned this new style. The wig looks just like wet hair straight out of she shower. Isn't it a weird look for a wig?

Goldengoose

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:46 am
I didnt see that yet but I think it's inappropriate. growing up my mother didn't let me wash my hair in the morning unless I blew it dry. it just doesn't look right.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:49 am
It's been around for a while. Some celebrities were seen with it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:59 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
It's been around for a while. Some celebrities were seen with it

But isn't it a weird look for a wig?? Why would someone want to go around looking like they just stepped out of the shower?
I'm thinking if it's even an appropriate/tzenuis look to look like you just stepped out of the shower?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:03 pm
I often see girls with wet hair in shul Friday night. It's what happens when you shower just before Shabbos.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:03 pm
I do not think it's a tznius look. Just because celebrities do it, doesn't mean we should copy...

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Blue wrote:
I often see girls with wet hair in shul Friday night. It's what happens when you shower just before Shabbos.

Yes, but I don't think they are doing it on purpose to achieve a certain look. They just ran out of time and their hair didn't dry yet or they didn't have time to blow dry becuase it's Erev Shabbos.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:07 pm
amother Blue wrote:

This isn't the same as deliberately wearing a wig with this look. The girls hair dries, the wig is made purposely to look straight out of the shower.

simchavsasson

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:07 pm
I'm not sure about wigs but it's the best way to get curly hair to look good

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:11 pm
Can someone educate me as to what's not tznius about wet hair? I haven't come across this sensitivity before.

kugelEater

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:14 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Can someone educate me as to what's not tznius about wet hair? I haven't come across this sensitivity before.

It's krumkeit, not frumkeit. The fear is that men will see your wet hair and imagine you in the shower... Puke

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:14 pm
amother Jade wrote:
I do not think it's a tznius look. Just because celebrities do it, doesn't mean we should copy...

Unless I'm missing something, what has tznius got to do with it?
I think it will look weird (maybe in a year I will be use too the look and think it is ok) but tznius????
This is coming from someone considered very tznius in the yeshivish world, no tight clothing and sheital just off shoulder (not lace)

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:15 pm
amother Mocha wrote:

Wet hair makes men think of you in the shower.

mfb

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:17 pm
Can someone post a picture of what such a wig would look like?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:18 pm
kugelEater wrote:
It's krumkeit, not frumkeit. The fear is that men will see your wet hair and imagine you in the shower... Puke

Scandalous!!!

In all seriousness it is totally not the widespread norm way of thinking that wet hair isn’t tznius.
It does give me another reason I appreciate living in the community I live in (which is plenty yeshivish).

Goldengoose

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:19 pm
it's not about men, for me. it's just not classy to go out looking right out of the shower (especially if it's intentional).
many styles aren't classy and everyone can choose what they want to do.

Rappel

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:20 pm
So you spend thousands of dollars on luxury locks so you can have the most gorgeous hair in the world, and then you goop it up so it looks permanently slimy???

Last edited by Rappel on Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:22 pm
I saw a sil of mine with this look on shabbos fri night.

It wasnt specially done like this but she had just got it back fron adding more hair and doing repairs, and hadnt had it properly done yet.
It literally looked like she had just stepped out the shower or towel dried her hair.

To me, it felt like she was so exposed.
It was so flat on her head literally looked like scraggly hair growing out her head.

Literally I did a double take.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:22 pm
How is the wet look achieved? They put tons of gel & the wig is stiff?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:23 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Unless I'm missing something, what has tznius got to do with it?
I think it will look weird (maybe in a year I will be use too the look and think it is ok) but tznius????
This is coming from someone considered very tznius in the yeshivish world, no tight clothing and sheital just off shoulder (not lace)

I don't think that it's a classy or refined look.
I think it's considered provocative & seductive in the world.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels