Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Teach me how to clean my bathroom

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:55 pm
Hey sorry not such an exciting topic.

Can all you wise moms teach me how to clean my bathroom?

The sink is always getting crusted with toothpaste, makeup, dunno what else.
there's always dust/bits of hair on the counter near the sink.
I clean it constantly with wet papertowels, but is there a better way?
How do you clean your toilet and how often?
Anything else?

mha3484

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:57 pm
I learned from a slob comes clean. https://www.aslobcomesclean.co.....kids/

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:10 pm
I use bleach makes it smell amazing!
I have a special bleach sweater for when I use bleach

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:23 pm
I keep an all purpose cleaner near the sink that I use a few times a week on counters, sink and around toilet

I have a toilet bowl bleach solution I do every once in a while, otherwise I have the stick you put gel inside the bowl so it cleans it every time it flushes

For the bathtub I wipe down every other day with a method bathtub spray, and every once in a while if a buildup of mold I’ll use a Mr clean bathtub sponge

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:26 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
I keep an all purpose cleaner near the sink that I use a few times a week on counters, sink and around toilet

I have a toilet bowl bleach solution I do every once in a while, otherwise I have the stick you put gel inside the bowl so it cleans it every time it flushes

For the bathtub I wipe down every other day with a method bathtub spray, and every once in a while if a buildup of mold I’ll use a Mr clean bathtub sponge

How do you use the cleaner? a shmatta? wipe? paper towel?

Thanks!

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:28 pm
There's no magic. As with liberty, eternal vigilance is the price of a clean bathroom. I wipe down the sink surround every single time I use it, which is easily two dozen times a day. Maybe more. Takes maybe ten seconds, including hanging up the shmatteh to dry. Occasionally wipe off the bowl, too, if it feels or looks scuzzy. Clean out the shower strainer after every use, clean out the sink strainer when it appears to need it. When I see black spots on the floor, I sprinkle some water and swoosh it up with a mop. Just spot cleaning, not a full treatment.If I notice hair and dust on or around the toilet, I wipe it off with a bit of TP or a tissue. Every so often I run a damp cloth around the ledges, molding and windowsill, and maybe twice a year I run a cloth-covered mop down the walls to remove the buildup of towel lint. Wipe down the mirror any time I notice spots. On the mirror, that is. Spots on the face are a harder to get rid of.

This keeps the place acceptable. Once a week I do a "real" cleaning: full toilet scrub, full floor wash, full sink scrub, mirror polish, dusting horizontal surfaces. Now and then when the spirit moves me I attack the under sink cabinet.

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do you use the cleaner? a shmatta? wipe? paper towel?

Thanks!

all purpose spray- paper towel (I use the method spray, they have a few different scents)
bleach toilet cleaner- sponge with gloves
bathtub spray- paper towel (also method spray they make for showers/tubs)
mr clean sponge with gloves

I also have for other areas of the house that I find helpful, I order long dish brushes on amazon to use for cleaning. I usually use inside my oven or fridge, but would work for bathrooms too

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 4:33 pm
I seldom use cleaning chemicals. Baking soda for the sink scrub, scouring powder for the toilet and occasionally the tub, water or diluted vinegar for everything else. A few drops of essential oil in diluted alcohol for fragrance if needed. No reason to assault my nose, throat and lungs with harsh chemicals.

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:00 pm
I buy scrub brushes with a stick handle. Cheap ones from the dollar store. I have one for the sink and one for the tub. I use all purpose cleaner and a scrub brush to clean the sink and tub. Every bathroom has it's own scrubbers under the sink.

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 5:38 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JgDWC9khN24
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry