Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Can you freeze royal iced cookies with edible marker on them

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 9:43 am
Trying to figure out what parts I can do in advance.

I am planning to make cookies flooded with royal icing with details added in edible marker.

Can I freeze the cookies once I draw on them, or will the marker drawing melt from condensation when defrosting?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 11:43 am
bump

amother
Brickred

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 11:48 am
The marker will most likely run while defrosting. You generally can't use edible marker on royal icing too much in advance.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 11:52 am
amother Brickred wrote:
The marker will most likely run while defrosting. You generally can't use edible marker on royal icing too much in advance.

Thank you Sad

I guess I'll have to decide whether to do that the night before, or use royal icing instead (which would be a lot more effort)

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 11:54 am
I seem to remember they ran slightly when defrosted when I did this years ago. A couple of years ago at the last simcha I made, I did royal icing and then used a different color icing (with a fine tip at the end of the icing bag) to do the details instead of the pen.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 12:02 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
I seem to remember they ran slightly when defrosted when I did this years ago. A couple of years ago at the last simcha I made, I did royal icing and then used a different color icing (with a fine tip at the end of the icing bag) to do the details instead of the pen.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics