Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do u have this fridge GNE27JYMFS. food is freezing on 38-39F

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 9:44 pm
Do you have this fridge/freezer? A lot of the food in the fridge is freezing and the temperature is on 38-39F. We didn't change anything recently and all of a sudden the food and vegetables are all freezing. What could this be from? They recommend 37 for fridge.

zaq

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:34 pm
Is all the food freezing or just the stuff in the back? If your fridge is a freezer-on-top style, cold air from the freezer wafts down the back wall to chill the fridge and will freeze anything that's back there. If everything is freezing, not just stuff in the back, buy a thermometer and check that your fridge really is at 38-39 degrees.

baltomom

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:38 pm
I had a problem with food freezing and found out that there is a sensor at the top of the fridge (in my bottom freezer model) that was being blocked and therefore made the fridge colder (I don't remember what the temp was it). Now whenever I see food starting to freeze I check to make sure that sensor is not blocked.

baltomom

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:38 pm
I had a problem with food freezing and found out that there is a sensor at the top of the fridge (in my bottom freezer model) that was being blocked and therefore made the fridge colder (I don't remember what the temp was it). Now whenever I see food starting to freeze I check to make sure that sensor is not blocked.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 12:01 am
It's freezer on bottom type of fridge. I noticed the produce drawers all froze and things on the shelf in the back also froze.
What does the sensor look like?

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 12:52 am
Was it just over shabbos? I have found a couple of times my food also froze on shabbos (sensors are disabled on shabbos mode I think)
My husband assumes happens with full fridge=poor circulation

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 10:12 am
amother Ecru wrote:
Was it just over shabbos? I have found a couple of times my food also froze on shabbos (sensors are disabled on shabbos mode I think)
It started a few days before shabbos

UQT

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 10:22 am
amother Ecru wrote:

The plug in for shabbos mode has a code error in it. I found out that the hard way over a three day yom tov. Everything kept freezing. I called the shabbos mode company and they said it’s an internal error and the piece needs to be unplugged periodically

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 6:29 pm
UQT wrote:
The plug in for shabbos mode has a code error in it. I found out that the hard way over a three day yom tov. Everything kept freezing. I called the shabbos mode company and they said it’s an internal error and the piece needs to be unplugged periodically
You have this exact model fridge/freezer? How can you unplug it on shabbos and y.t? How does unplugging reset it? Or are you talking about the shabbos keeper- we don't have that, just the regular shabbos mode on the fridge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics