Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Spinoff of Seminary Responses

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 10:35 am
To all the wonderful Ima's and their 12th graders who are waiting on responses today and didn't get any or are on waiting lists or just didn't get in, my dd was in the same position last year and didn't get into either choice that she applied to. It was heart breaking and emotionally draining. She really wanted to go to Israel for Seminary to learn and grow and become a better person. She was very upset about it but we spoke to her and her principals and she was bh able to make it through the year with all her friends planning their seminary year. She put on a brave face and made it through.

Fast forward to the last few weeks in school she B"H got into a different seminary at the last minute and she is B"H thriving! We get nachas from her each and every day in the seminary that she didn't apply to, to the seminary we didn't think was for her and where she is literally glowing so much so that she is staying in Israel for Pesach. She also stayed through the beginning of the war and didn't come home.

Her emunah and bitachon has strengthened immensely from this experience and from her current experiences in Eretz Yisroel.

I am writing this because I understand what the girls are going through and how tough it is.

Sending lot's of hugs to those that need it!!! There is hope at the end of the day and a plan that we can't even begin to understand.

I also want to say that I am not necessarily pro seminary in Israel but my dd really felt that the year in Israel would help her grow and she truly is growing in a very positive way. We tried to convince her to apply to seminary in the states but she didn't want to and we agreed to try to figure out how to send her and bh it worked!

Chayalle

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 10:41 am
That's such a beautiful post OP. I'm so happy for your daughter. Hashem runs the world! She's where she is supposed to be!
FYI close to 30 years ago, I didn't get into seminary. I ended up getting in on pending some time later, and BH had a wonderful seminary year.
At the time, one of my high school teachers said to me - there's a concept of "Kol Haneshama Tehallel Kah" - we are supposed to thank Hashem with our whole soul - and that means with different types of feelings, situations, etc...that's why that Perek references music that is happy, sad, etc....and she said Hashem wanted me to experience the feeling of rejection, and I should thank Hashem from that experience too. She wished for me that I should then never have to experience it again!
So for all of you out there whose DD's don't get into seminary - may Hashem never test them with rejection again (shidduchim are coming BEH!) And may He reveal his best plan for them.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:00 am
So many of us have daughters that got into multiple seminaries of their choice only to wait years and years for a Shidduch. Given a choice the second is obviously far more difficult.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info