Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Tap water or infant water

momto4

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 8:22 pm
I usually buy the infant water to make my 4 month old dd's bottle with. I ran out yesterday and have been using tap water since. is that so terrible? she doesnt seem to have a problem with it. what do u use?

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 8:31 pm
I either use boiled water that is cooled down, or filtered water straight from my fridge dispenser. but I'd like to hear responses if tap water is just as good.

grin

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 8:36 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
I either use boiled water that is cooled down, or filtered water straight from my fridge dispenser.

I agree, just to keep as far away from germs and chemicals as possible.
But I think "infant water" is just a commercial ploy.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:05 pm
I also used cooled off boiled water. But I was really only very strict in the beginning. After a few weeks, if I didn't have boiled, I used tap.

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 12:16 am
What on earth is store-bought infant water?

I just used cooled boiled water until about 12 months.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 12:34 am
I also never heard of such a thing. what is baby water? we were using boiled water but my baby's stomach was not so good, so we tried bottled water and it seemed to be helping.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 4:42 am
I also boiled water. I never heard of infant water. Now we have spring water delivered to us in 12 liter bottles so I use that. It really depends on where you live to use tap water. I usually started giving tap water, as is, when they were about 10 months, but that was when we lived in Brooklyn. Here, I don't even give tap water to anybody, unless it's boiled first. Wink

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 4:55 am
I heard its not so good to use bottled water that has been sitting around opened for a while.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 4:58 am
Raisin, if you're talking about my 12 liter bottle, it's in a dispenser and it gets finished w/I a week.

smilethere

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 5:10 am
never heard of infant water!

in england the tap water is very clean and safe, so I used that from 6 months, until 6 months, I used cool boiled water!

OldYoung

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 7:19 am
Our ped. told us to start using tap water for the baby when she was 4ish months (I think?). It has flouride in it so that's why he recommended.

Marion

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 10:45 am
DS#1, I only ever used tap water. Sometimes I boiled, usually not. Not like he got formula all that frequently anyway.

Chaya08

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 4:57 pm
In the begining I used poland spring water because I didn't have time to boil. Now I use boiled water. My doctor said I could use tap water straight from the sink but I would only do that if I ran out of boiled water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics