Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Russian nesting dolls costume- need MM ideas

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:52 pm
Hi all,
I think I finally settled on a costume idea. I have twin girls so I thought it’d be cute for us to be Russian dolls (& our family is Russian & very into it Wink). Any ideas on cute MM I could incorporate? Thanks so much

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:04 pm
I see that you can get cheap Russian doll sets on Temu or Ali express. My first thought was to fill them but they look small so probably better to incorporate in some way.
What about Russian sweets like chocolate covered prunes and apricots or fried angel's wings ina faux crystal bowl with a Russian doll nestled in?

flmommy

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:05 pm
HMMM, this is a hard one. Only thing I can think of is the snack packs of pickles... Maybe little containers of herring or beets... Would be cute if your package with a small tichel/scarf made into a sack. Would love to see how you do the costumes! Very creative, I hope others have more ideas!

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:06 pm
Family first had instructions for Russian doll cake pops

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:10 pm
Also any ideas welcome on how my husband can join the costume (might just skip)

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:15 pm
You could base your DH's costume off this:
https://images.app.goo.gl/ovBm5vvanbV2EqR19

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:21 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
You could base your DH's costume off this:
https://images.app.goo.gl/ovBm5vvanbV2EqR19

Haha cute let me see if he’d be into that

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:40 pm
1023 wrote:
Also any ideas welcome on how my husband can join the costume (might just skip)

Dress up as a Czar?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:41 pm
For Shaloch Manos, would you do a small salad with Russian dressing?

elaela

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:42 pm
Seliotka, Vodka and napoleon

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:54 pm
Small bottles of vodka, borscht in a smallish container, olivye, sunflower seeds in a paper bag lol, kompot from prunes and dry apricots.
Russians will definitely appreciate seledka pod shuboy and holodetz/p'tcha (will be a pain to transport, might melt). Mackarel and small potatoes with garlic and dill.
Last year I gave out borscht and pampushki (small garlic bulkalech).

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:58 pm
If you're really bored, it's healthy and cute
https://www.1001eda.com/detski.....eshka

Matreshka Cookies and ice cube tray to use as molds!! https://showerofrosesblog.com/.....doll/

elaela

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 4:06 pm
Seliotka, Vodka and napoleon

avimom

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:04 pm
We did this once! "Celebrating the downfall of Haman haRussia". One son was a bottle of vodka, (I'm selling that costume if you're interested), one was a spy, and another was Putin.
I have 3 Russian doll chocolate molds (each has 1 large and 6 small dolls) that I used to make chocolates for shalach manos along with a small vodka (don't remember what else I gave). If you're in brooklyn, you're welcome to have them. Pretty sure I also still have some leftover Russian doll ribbon...

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:10 pm
I would stay away from anything too fishy, smelly or extremely Russia centric in the MM unless you are absolutely positive that the recipients will appreciate it.

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:16 pm
avimom wrote:
We did this once! "Celebrating the downfall of Haman haRussia". One son was a bottle of vodka, (I'm selling that costume if you're interested), one was a spy, and another was Putin.
I have 3 Russian doll chocolate molds (each has 1 large and 6 small dolls) that I used to make chocolates for shalach manos along with a small vodka (don't remember what else I gave). If you're in brooklyn, you're welcome to have them. Pretty sure I also still have some leftover Russian doll ribbon...

That is so cute & creative! I’m obsessed!

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:17 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
I would stay away from anything too fishy, smelly or extremely Russia centric in the MM unless you are absolutely positive that the recipients will appreciate it.

Haha yea I’m gonna do store bought Russian snacks although I love all the creative ideas of actual Russian dishes Wink

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 6:29 pm
I would just do nesting boxes, where the outer box has a picture of the doll, each box contains an item not necessarily related to the theme in addition to the smaller box, and the innermost box contains the doll just for fun.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 7:00 pm
How about baking cookies on different sizes, stock then on on top of the other and tie with a ribbon?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics