Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Has anyone bought antiques from Chairish?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:28 pm
Im seeing some things there that would work for accent pieces, but I never bought there and I dont know anyone who has bought there either.

mommyofgirls

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 11:03 pm
I made a purchase, however the sale wasn't completed through Chairish. The seller was closing shop and let me know that by the time Chairish will process the sale, they will be gone. I ended up buying directly from the seller.

ellacoe

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:22 am
I bought something from them, it went smoothly.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 10:31 am
Chairish is just an online site with individual sellers so that experience with one seller doesn't guarantee that there wouldn't be issues with other sellers. I would assume that Chairish provides some form of buyer protection and worse case scenario is you do a dispute with your credit card company.

I bought something from Chairish - not furniture - and it was fine.

FWIW, I grew up buying and selling antiques as my grandmother and mother loved old things and I inherited that as I used to go to the large flea markets in California on Sundays. I still like to browse on the sites that sell collectibles and "antiques" to see if there is something I must have.

Chairish is generally extremely expensive in terms of what they are selling - think ultra high end retail prices. And there is shipping unless it is pickup in your area. If you love something and it is worth it to for the price gofer it. But in general the prices are extremely high for most things.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics