Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Why no wipes in school?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:52 am
Five year old comes home with dirty panty daily cause they wipe themselves and no wipes just tissues. I honestly can't understand how tissues can do a complete job.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:53 am
Send a packet with her. Or if you can and want, donate a supply to the school. Most people don't use them as a rule.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:55 am
Teach her how to wipe until the toilet paper shows up clean.

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:56 am
Providing a place to throw away wipes would get way too complicated.

watergirl

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 7:57 am
You need to teach your kids how to wipe with toilet paper only. Fact of life - wipes exist at home, not anywhere else. My own kids use toilet paper once they are totally potty trained. They can’t be dependent in wipes, as you see from your own experience.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:01 am
I send a bag of wipes incase my child needs at school. Toilet paper never does the job!

Brownies

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:06 am
To answer your question, at least where I live, I think the answer is probably a. expense and b. the risk of regular toilet blockages from kids using a bunch of wipes at a time and trying to flush them down.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:06 am
amother Begonia wrote:
I send a bag of wipes incase my child needs at school. Toilet paper never does the job!
exactly! I'm just not getting how it does work for other people... I'm literally stuck in a doctor's office sometimes and while I struggle to get my child clean I'm wondering how do people do that ? An I missing skill?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:07 am
amother Begonia wrote:
exactly! I'm just not getting how it does work for other people... I'm literally stuck in a doctor's office sometimes and while I struggle to get my child clean I'm wondering how do people do that ? An I missing skill?

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:10 am
I use a bidet at home. I do not like having to go without one, but it is what it is.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:11 am
I grew up with toilet paper and knew that you wiped until it was clean. You flushed if you needed more than 3 tissues at a time..

But then I got married to a man who doesn't go anywhere without wipes. He is on the road a lot, so he has one in the car, one on the bus, one in his mikva bag, one in his lunch bag..

Whenever we travel somewhere, his first thing is checking in if there are enough wipes. When my kids got older, they would take one along in school.

(Mind you they come to many uses. Like wiping down a sticky lolly on the kid, to wiping down mud on their shoes, or the chocolate smudges from that wafer. )

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:25 am
amother OP wrote:

Many people aren’t dirty in the first place. Diet, allergies, sensitives etc.. will make someone get dirtier and need to wipe more than others.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:29 am
amother OP wrote:

Flushable wipes didn't exist until recently and people didn't walk around dirty. But its definitely so much easier with wipes!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 8:32 am
In my experience, 5 year olds are still learning how to fully wipe after a BM. So she is developmentally where she is supposed to be.

Personally, I do not use flushable wipes at home. If I am having a hard time getting a little one clean, I wet the toilet paper and that works like a charm.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:13 am
Preschool teacher here. Wipes clog the toilet. That's why management does not allow it. Little kids would just flush 5 at a time and it clogs instantly.Although we do keep a pack of wipes in the closet handy in case of accidents etc.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:16 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
Providing a place to throw away wipes would get way too complicated.

Why? There should be a garbage can in the bathroom. If it’s individual stalls, just hang a garbage like they have in public bathrooms. Not really complicated at all.

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:19 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Why? There should be a garbage can in the bathroom. If it’s individual stalls, just hang a garbage like they have in public bathrooms. Not really complicated at all.

It needs to be in a place where short arms can reach it. Depending on the layout, that can be complicated.

amother
Yarrow

amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I grew up with toilet paper and knew that you wiped until it was clean. You flushed if you needed more than 3 tissues at a time..

But then I got married to a man who doesn't go anywhere without wipes. He is on the road a lot, so he has one in the car, one on the bus, one in his mikva bag, one in his lunch bag..

Whenever we travel somewhere, his first thing is checking in if there are enough wipes. When my kids got older, they would take one along in school.

(Mind you they come to many uses. Like wiping down a sticky lolly on the kid, to wiping down mud on their shoes, or the chocolate smudges from that wafer. )

Same. I take a package for the baby and a separate package for him, so that I don’t end up without wipes while he is in the bathroom.

amother
Ruby

amother DarkMagenta wrote:

Curious if your husband is Israeli? Because my Israeli husband is exactly the same!!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 9:20 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
It needs to be in a place where short arms can reach it. Depending on the layout, that can be complicated.

If it’s in a stall, short arms can reach the stall walls. If it’s in a regular bathroom, they can reach a garbage can next to the toilet.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers