Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
PSA - don't let these MM threads get into your heads!

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:42 am
A number of years ago, these MM threads totally got to me. This one likes this, that one throws that away. It's endless. I used to give such fun mm that I was excited to give and people loved getting, and these threads completely got into my head which gave me a pretty severe anxiety attack before purim because of my mm. BH I used a bunch of self-talk techniques and am able to shake these imavoices out of my head and go back to the joy of giving MM.

So my PSA - don't let these imavoices get into your heads! There are always those who will come here before or after Purim and their posts will be upsetting. There used to always be a "what's the worst mm you got this year" thread a day after purim, inspired by the annual "what's the best MM you got this year" thread. I skip those - they make my heart hurt.

Some of these threads are forgetting the point of mm. It's very sad, but I can only read and help out where I can. And FWIW, I truly want to believe those who toss things are in the minority and most people are thrilled to be remembered and love a smushed cupcake in a ziplock bag.

Frelichin Purim everyone! Send and receive with joy, and please don't overthink it, on the giving and receiving side. Remember what Esther and Mordechai had in mind, and go with that! Don't let these threads bring you down and make you second guess your MM.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:57 am
Thank You Watergirl for your post! Flower So refreshing to hear something positive among the party p**pers on imamother for whom even a $100 bill tip is ewwww gross.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:08 am
Thank you Watergirl for being the voice of reason in this very tipsy world!

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:07 pm
Applause Applause Applause

cheese cake

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:26 pm
Director say it louder

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:28 pm
I don't let that the hreads get into my head, but since realising how "controversial" MM can be, I keep it really simple and don't drive myself crazy. I give a nice packaged wine and chocolate. Not particularly original, but you can't really go wrong with it. I save my creativity for times I know it will definitely be appreciated.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:44 pm
All of the threads about MM are the great kedusha of Purim manifested.... Hashem is completely hidden and the world is topsy turvy.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:00 pm
Don’t let any imamother threads get to your head.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics