Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Homemade Iced Coffee for MM
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:55 pm
I would like to give Ice Coffee for MM but I'm not sure how to execute it exactly. If you have done this can you tell me exactly how.
What recipe did you use? When did you make it/how far in advance? How did you transport them in the car? Did you make them dairy or pareve? If I make them dairy should I be worried that people will be meaty at a certain point of the day? (I often bring a bunch of MM to our meal to give the families there - that's not going to work if I bring dairy coffees to a meat meal...)
Did you make the caffeinated or decaf? Was it nice enough to give to teachers/Rabbanim? Did you tie it in to Purim in anyway (we want it to go with our Starbucks workers costumes).
Sorry for all the questions. I am just not so good at this type of stuff but trying to make it nicer for my kids who don't like what I've done in the past.

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:01 pm
Iced coffee that is homemade & not packaged shelf stable, goes bad fast. People may throw it away, to stay on the safe side. Maybe you can give a J&J iced coffee. They're shelf stable.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:03 pm
I would love to give the J&J but they are way out of my price range. I'm already stretching my budget this year for my kids happiness but the item has to be something homemade or cost about $1. Any other ideas what can go in a coffee cup, with like a muffin? We give close to 150 MM.

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:05 pm
A packet of instant coffee, for the theme.
Maybe a creamer and sugar packet?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:07 pm
They’re usually assumed to be caffeinated and dairy.
Search on this site. I’ve seen people post iced coffee recipes and methods.
You can make it motzei shabbos just add the ice right before you give it.
It is nice enough for teachers. I’m a teacher and I’ve gotten so many iced coffees. Just know that it might be dumped.

Cookin4days

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:08 pm
One year I got in bulk Starbucks cups and made biscottis and put packaged instant Starbucks packs and I forgot what else

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I would love to give the J&J but they are way out of my price range. I'm already stretching my budget this year for my kids happiness but the item has to be something homemade or cost about $1. Any other ideas what can go in a coffee cup, with like a muffin? We give close to 150 MM.

If your using a disposable cover cup and lid there will be no way to transport them without is spilling.
You can put a coffee packet, stirrers, and a few sugar cubes into the coffee cup, tie it up with a thin string, set it up with the muffin and wrap it all together.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:12 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
A packet of instant coffee, for the theme.
Maybe a creamer and sugar packet?

But there is no substance to that. I need two real food items. Muffin can be one... I wouldn't count creamer, coffee granules or sugar as a food. And what would fill up our cups? (Ugh, this is why I hate themes. I've given such nice homemade MM that were frugal so delicious in the past. But I have a house full of teens BH and they are making their feelings known...)

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:12 pm
amother Denim wrote:
If your using a disposable cover cup and lid there will be no way to transport them without is spilling.
You can put a coffee packet, stirrers, and a few sugar cubes into the coffee cup, tie it up with a thin string, set it up with the muffin and wrap it all together.

I like this idea!
You can give a disposable coffee cup with a coffee packet, coffee candies and a mini brownie bar inside.
It won’t be heavy, it is easy to transport and people will use it to make coffee the next day.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:14 pm
Has anyone successfully given homemade ice coffee or something similar that can guide me. Like something the average recipient will just drink on the spot (I know I would). Of course some will end up thrown out but that happens regardless of what is sent...

groovy1224

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:16 pm
Maybe add some cappucino flavored candies as another food? I think Must makes some. And then you can include a coffee packet, maybe a hot cocoa packet, and package it up with the muffin.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:17 pm
This tastes delicious. You just add the syrup to a bottle of milk (and then transfer to Wtvr bottle you’re using). Did it a couple years ago, worked out great

https://I.imgur.com/Xg49LoG.jpeg

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Has anyone successfully given homemade ice coffee or something similar that can guide me. Like something the average recipient will just drink on the spot (I know I would). Of course some will end up thrown out but that happens regardless of what is sent...

If it doesn't arrive cold, then I'd assume that most people will not drink it.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:19 pm
I don't see the problem, I get loads of MM that need to go in the fridge and they don't go bad...

Last year I got an iced coffee. It was in a plastic bottle with lid. Tasted like ordinary cold coffee with lots of milk and sugar. It was very nice.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:25 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
This tastes delicious. You just add the syrup to a bottle of milk (and then transfer to Wtvr bottle you’re using). Did it a couple years ago, worked out great

https://I.imgur.com/Xg49LoG.jpeg

Thank you!!! Where can I purchase this? The average kosher store? (I live OOT but we have a decent kosher market. Or is it not particularly a kosher item?

amother
OP

amother Freesia wrote:
If it doesn't arrive cold, then I'd assume that most people will not drink it.

I'm hoping to deliver them cold...

amother
Tanzanite

I do it every year. I make it 1-2 days in advance and keep it in fridge. I buy 5 or 8 oz bottles on amazon. It comes with a funnel to pour in and seals beautifully.
I bought Starbucks imitation labels with my family’s name on labelit.
I dont make 150 mm so not sure about that. I usually put it all in one a box with ice packs. I write dairy in small on the mm. Either on the coffee or on the other food I make. I always hear back how my mm were devoured.

Hope it helps!

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!!! Where can I purchase this? The average kosher store? (I live OOT but we have a decent kosher market. Or is it not particularly a kosher item?

I’ve definitely bought it in regular kosher stores, but I live in town. I know you can find it online(even Amazon), it might be a drop pricier.
A bottle does give you a lot of coffee tho, so it goes a long way.
It’s a Canadian product, so if you live there might be cheaper Smile
Just google it, and zoom in to make sure it has a hechsher

JLi

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:31 pm
What about Chocolate as 2nd item?
And then a poem along the lines

Wether you enjoy your coffee w/ a muffin or chocolate, today we've got you covered on both ends.

I liked the idea of the chocolate coffe beans, that amother posted aswell.

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:34 pm
you can give it in disposable bottles
like this: https://www.amazon.com/Reli-bo.....psc=1
just google "juice bottle"
I got many of these last year and every last one was enjoyed Wink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics