Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Leah cypess author, older books question

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:56 pm
My daughter read Leah Cypess books for the younger ages like thornwood etc. Do you know what age her "older" kids books are good for? nightspell and mistwood etc. are they appropriate for any age? For reference I'm ok with the harry potter books. Thanks

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:59 pm
She's a frum woman so she knows the challenge of older books without getting inappropriate. They're some of the few safe ones left in this day and age.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:20 pm
There are still romantic relationships and chemistry between male/female characters, even if nothing explicit is shown on screen. Deathsworn is definitely centered around a couple falling in love.

I vaguely recall one book subtly mentioning contraceptive herbs, with the context of being able to sleep with someone while not having to worry about getting pregnant.

Compared to most YA, these are VERY clean in terms of language and explicit romance. But they’re not Mishpacha serials 😆

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:26 pm
Op said she's good with Harry Potter. I'd say her books are definitely within that range in terms of romance. Very very mild. I'd say even milder than in the later HP books.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children