Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Opening a business

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 10:37 am
I want to be self employed and start a business. I have a great idea which does not take much initial capital but will take lots of time and commitment on my part before I can hire skilled employees. It is also the type of business which will help people.

The only problem I have is that I am so scared of failure! I know there is a huge need for this. There are other companies doing this but the need is nowhere near filled.

I am a little intimidated to reach out and cold call businesses to take on our service. Doesn't help that my family are huge doers and this comes naturally to them.

I need a confidence boost! I am ready to work hard but I want to succeed!

Any tips, chizzuk or thoughts from ImaMother business owners?

amother
Magnolia

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 8:21 pm
No business tips but Hashem will lead you in the direction you want to go.

almostlettinggo

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 8:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I want to be self employed and start a business. I have a great idea which does not take much initial capital but will take lots of time and commitment on my part before I can hire skilled employees. It is also the type of business which will help people.

The only problem I have is that I am so scared of failure! I know there is a huge need for this. There are other companies doing this but the need is nowhere near filled.

I am a little intimidated to reach out and cold call businesses to take on our service. Doesn't help that my family are huge doers and this comes naturally to them.

I need a confidence boost! I am ready to work hard but I want to succeed!

Any tips, chizzuk or thoughts from ImaMother business owners?

Wow! Good for you! Go for it. Take action and just do it. Especially if you don't need too much $$. I don't want to burst your bubble, but don't be afraid of failure. It's almost inevitable. However, this is how we learn, from mistakes. Don't look at it as failure. Look at it as a learning curve. Besides, maybe you'll be lucky and won't have too many bumps in the road. I'm rooting for you! It's my dream to start my own business, have some ideas... but needs lotsa $$. And my life is very busy...one day iy"H. That's why when I hear of someone that wants to do it, I say go for it! May Hashem help you be matzliach!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 5:10 am
almostlettinggo wrote:
Wow! Good for you! Go for it. Take action and just do it. Especially if you don't need too much $$. I don't want to burst your bubble, but don't be afraid of failure. It's almost inevitable. However, this is how we learn, from mistakes. Don't look at it as failure. Look at it as a learning curve. Besides, maybe you'll be lucky and won't have too many bumps in the road. I'm rooting for you! It's my dream to start my own business, have some ideas... but needs lotsa $$. And my life is very busy...one day iy"H. That's why when I hear of someone that wants to do it, I say go for it! May Hashem help you be matzliach!

Thanks so much!

I am so touched by your encouragement and lengthy post!

A stranger on the internet can be so supportive too! I'll keep reading your post....

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 5:53 am
You should not worry, just do it without thinking. I dream of opening a business but I don’t have any ideas that would be helpful so you are a huge step ahead already! Go for it!

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 5:57 am
amother Magenta wrote:
You should not worry, just do it without thinking. I dream of opening a business but I don’t have any ideas that would be helpful so you are a huge step ahead already! Go for it!

Not "without thinking" ! LOL
Plan it well enough that you'll have the confidence you need to succeed!
I think it's extremely important to have a solid and detailed business plan!!

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:28 am
Happy to chat and encourage you / advise you having been there - done that bH

Let me know if you want to chat

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:55 am
amother Celeste wrote:
Happy to chat and encourage you / advise you having been there - done that bH

Let me know if you want to chat

Can I take you up on the offer?