Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Tell Me How You Did It With A Long History Of Trying To Lose
1  2  3  Next

strivingmom

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:23 pm
I’ve struggled with my weight since I was in third grade. I have a slightly bigger built then most people so I could handle and look good not being super skinny. I’ve been through many ups and downs varying between having a bmi of 25-30.
I’m 5’’4 and now weight 178 pounds.
This is higher than my postpartum weight.
I went through a lot this year, including fertility treatments and I’ve gained 20 pounds this year.
I’m now BH pregnant again but I feel horrible for starting a pregnancy at this weight.
I’ve been to every nutritionist but nothing works for long enough. I’m currently seeing a nutritionist but I can’t seem to follow and I’m getting frustrated with myself.
I really don’t want to gain any weight (besides minimal for the baby)
Any long term dieters out here who actually figured out how to lose weight? What is your trick??

Please don’t give me guidance on what to eat, as I could tell you exactly what to do. I know all the tricks of the trade. I could counsel people myself if I chose to do so.

I want to know what changed that actually made you lose this time.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:29 pm
Similar situation, only worse... I'm 5'5 and weigh over 200.. So if you figure this out I would love to know the answer too!

amother
Hyssop

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:31 pm
Following!!
I know exactly WHAT to do. I just dont actually do it! 🙈

amother
Almond

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:32 pm
For me the best is when I don't eat after 7 at night. Saves me a lot of empty calories and after a couple of days I don't crave food at night or feel hungry. I don't like restrictive diets.

monday

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:32 pm
I can only lose weight when I have short term goals. Like an upcoming simcha.
Cannot think long term

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:40 pm
I'm the same way, I did Sury Sprei wellness redefineds program in pregnancy and maintained my weight throughout my pregnancy bh.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:16 am
Pregnancy nausea.
I gained 18 lbs during my last pregnancy. Was extremely nauseous and ate minimally.
After baby was born I went right down to pre-pregnancy weight.
But now I'm back to eating everything I see. And I feel the lbs moving up.
I'm exactly your height and weight.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:45 am
When I started cleansing, using laxin forte and psyllium husk, I lost weight easily and feel so good my craving disappeared and I don't crave likein past bh!! I'm soo grateful to Yachy Moskowitz I took her dew drops course when I was beyond nauseous in pregnancy and by following her guidelines I was feeling amazing 2 weeks later. I've been doing it since and my baby is now 2 years old bh I'm slim and energetic. I eat snack chocolate and cake every day.I see that I don't gain because I cleanse well. I eat yellow apple in morning sometimes 2 or 3 and drink a lot it gets system moving. I then have huge delicious veg salad with dressing and eggs or tuna . Rest of day I eat anything at all. I don't feel deprived at all cause I eat goodies but only afternoon. I feel liberated with food!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:30 am
amother Slategray wrote:
When I started cleansing, using laxin forte and psyllium husk, I lost weight easily and feel so good my craving disappeared and I don't crave likein past bh!! I'm soo grateful to Yachy Moskowitz I took her dew drops course when I was beyond nauseous in pregnancy and by following her guidelines I was feeling amazing 2 weeks later. I've been doing it since and my baby is now 2 years old bh I'm slim and energetic. I eat snack chocolate and cake every day.I see that I don't gain because I cleanse well. I eat yellow apple in morning sometimes 2 or 3 and drink a lot it gets system moving. I then have huge delicious veg salad with dressing and eggs or tuna . Rest of day I eat anything at all. I don't feel deprived at all cause I eat goodies but only afternoon. I feel liberated with food!!

What is this?
Can you please share more details?

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:33 am
I’m same height and have been that weight and higher and lower. 2 things- eliminate, don’t reduce, your trigger foods and figure out the underlying emotional element (I know easier said than done)

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:54 am
I've been overweight my whole life, was on my first diet in 4th grade. The only thing that has worked for me long term enough to make a real difference has been overeaters anonymous (OA). It has made a huge difference in my entire life and I have kept off a 75+ lb weight loss for 9 years
Op, it's tough! I hope you find the solution that works for you healthfully very soon

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 3:08 am
amother Slategray wrote:

Can you explain more? Is the diet yellow apple in the morning and veg/protein midday, and then what you want for the rest of the day? And can you just eat these foods, without also taking the laxative supplements?

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 3:16 am
amother Slategray wrote:

Be careful. My aunt was busy cleansing all her adult life and now she has huge gastric and colon problems. Ask your doctor for guidance in this.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 3:42 am
Intermittent fasting, eat for only eight hours a day

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 4:12 am
I eat between 12 30 and 5
I don't need to fight with myself for most of the day.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 5:17 am
I’ve been overweight since 5th grade, and despite eating less than most people just because that’s my nature I’m still overweight. I’ve tried many diets including the sadkhin diet which helped me lose some weight but I also fainted on it. The only thing really helping me is ozempic, but it makes me in a down mood cause I can only eat 2 bites of something and I am incredibly nauseous for the first 2 days. I do 0.25 mg and that can last me up to 6 weeks.

wanttobehappy

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 7:03 am
Manjaro lost 21lbs in 7 weeks.. I lost even
More on keto I only gained weight at 18. Still not stvhueopo

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 7:10 am
Firstly, pregnancy was always hard for me because of blood sugar fluctuations, so be aware. I gained even though I never touched anything more than recommended.
The only real lasting change was with OA and there are some people (like me!) who need it. Lost 50 lbs so far and hoping to lose another 50 more.
I have lost 75 lbs in the past on OA and kept it off for years, just several pregnancies put it back on, hence my above message.

strivingmom

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 8:08 am
amother Gold wrote:
Firstly, pregnancy was always hard for me because of blood sugar fluctuations, so be aware. I gained even though I never touched anything more than recommended.
The only real lasting change was with OA and there are some people (like me!) who need it. Lost 50 lbs so far and hoping to lose another 50 more.
I have lost 75 lbs in the past on OA and kept it off for years, just several pregnancies put it back on, hence my above message.

Did you do in person? I’m from in town and I don’t want anyone to know me.
Do you need to be heavily overweight to join? I am a little heavier but it wouldn’t be healthy for me to lose more than 20-30 pounds.
I do believe that a lot of my weight issues can be solved with emotional work.

strivingmom

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 8:10 am
amother Pewter wrote:
I'm the same way, I did Sury Sprei wellness redefineds program in pregnancy and maintained my weight throughout my pregnancy bh.

Tried her diet last year for a few weeks and it was sooooo hard!! What did you eat every day? I did maintain my weight when I was on it but couldn’t keep to it because it was just too hard.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise