Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Non-toilet-related things that make you scratch your head

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:52 pm
What are some things you used to do that make you scratch your head now? Henceforth, there shall be no mention of toilets or wiping on this thread, please. Though I don't own this thread and don't make the rules for this site, I am asking you to respect this. (I am not OP of the other thread. She can take this one over if she wants, though.)

As a young teen, I used to pair up shampoos with their matching conditioners very strictly. I didn't always use the same set, but I felt very upset when I had to use mismatched ones. Later on, I realized that even though they are designed to work together, it's okay to mix and match, and sometimes even better because it allows you to customize the ideal combination.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:54 pm
[quote="[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7518872#7518872]amother OP[/

As a young teen, I used to pair up shampoos with their matching conditioners very strictly. I didn't always use the same set, but I felt very upset when I had to use mismatched ones. Later on, I realized that even though they are designed to work together, it's okay to mix and match, and sometimes even better because it allows you to customize the ideal combination.[/quote]

But if they have different scents you mess it up.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:55 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
But if they have different scents you mess it up.

Yes, but a lot of them have very similar scents or scents that work together well enough.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 2:01 pm
I used to write down everything I ate. Like down to the last sip of water. I guess it was a form of control, while my life was spinning out of control. Now I’m bh in a healthy place I can’t imagine why I would ever do that. (I never needed to lose weight and I eat a healthy balanced diet)

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 2:09 pm
I was way past preschool when I got past the "no stepping on sidewalk cracks" thing

And even later, like out of high school, I definitely still noticed where my feet landed

Not sure why I cared so much

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 2:42 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
I was way past preschool when I got past the "no stepping on sidewalk cracks" thing

And even later, like out of high school, I definitely still noticed where my feet landed

Not sure why I cared so much

I still do that! Either skip all the cracks, or step on all of them.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 3:50 pm
I lived at an aunts house and used to time my showers. I was sure she’s calculating how much water I’m using. There was no reason for it-she wasn’t stingy or anything. I have no idea why I was so pressured 🤷‍♀️

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 4:18 pm
When I was younger, if I scratched myself I had to breathe on those fingers to get them "clean" or "back to normal"
I think I still do that but not to the same extent... and still don't know why

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 4:44 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
I used to write down everything I ate. Like down to the last sip of water. I guess it was a form of control, while my life was spinning out of control. Now I’m bh in a healthy place I can’t imagine why I would ever do that. (I never needed to lose weight and I eat a healthy balanced diet)

When I first got diabetes the nutritionist said I should do it for two weeks then come back to her. It was an eye opener how much mindless eating I was doing.

Thank you for reminding me I just gained 20lb in a few months and should track myself to see how much mindless eating I am doing right now.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 5:36 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
When I first got diabetes the nutritionist said I should do it for two weeks then come back to her. It was an eye opener how much mindless eating I was doing.

Thank you for reminding me I just gained 20lb in a few months and should track myself to see how much mindless eating I am doing right now.

For someone with diabetes it might be a great method, but I was 15 and 110 lbs and perfectly healthy.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 5:47 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
I lived at an aunts house and used to time my showers. I was sure she’s calculating how much water I’m using. There was no reason for it-she wasn’t stingy or anything. I have no idea why I was so pressured 🤷‍♀️

Because it was a pressure shower! LOL

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 1:40 am
amother Outerspace wrote:
When I was younger, if I scratched myself I had to breathe on those fingers to get them "clean" or "back to normal"
I think I still do that but not to the same extent... and still don't know why

Do you by any chance have OCD?

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 1:43 am
Almost all of these hint OCD

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 3:25 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
Almost all of these hint OCD

Gosh that had me so confused for a minute.
They shouldn't do such similar names on the same thread.
I read it and I knew that I didn't post that but the amother names looked the same at first glance.

corolla

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:26 am
If one hand gets wet, the other one also has to. It just feels so wrong to have one wet hand and one dry one

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:08 am
Here are the three Big Ones:

Lice

Dandruff

Sweat

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:41 am
I had a phase at about 8 yo when the digital clock fascinated me. I would love seeing math examples like 9:45 cuz 9-4=5 or 3:47 cuz 3+4=7. Even until today I'm in my 30s and it'll still register when I see the clock with such numbers. Also like 11:11 or 12:34. I used to get all excited about it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics