Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why are people so down on synthetic sheitels?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 4:54 pm
I have always bought synthetic sheitels. The one time I bought a human hair sheitel it was a disaster.

Also I refuse to spend thousands on a sheitel. There are so much more worthwhile things to spend on.

Why are people so down on synthetic?

Even when I want to give away my old synthetic sheitels, no one will take them because even the gemachs want only human hair!

I am so puzzled by this.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 4:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have always bought synthetic sheitels. The one time I bought a human hair sheitel it was a disaster.

Also I refuse to spend thousands on a sheitel. There are so much more worthwhile things to spend on.

Why are people so down on synthetic?

Even when I want to give away my old synthetic sheitels, no one will take them because even the gemachs want only human hair!

I am so puzzled by this.

Generally because they’re mostly unnatural looking and not as attractive as the others.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 4:56 pm
I keep trying them. They look awful on me. End of story

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 5:26 pm
I have a really nice synthetic band fall from Ali specials and I love it for vacations! It looks great on me, is comfortable because the hair isn't in my face. And it really looks like nice hair. You do you, don't worry about what others are doing. If you look and feel good in synthetics go you 💪 your lucky husband too. Not having to remortgage everytime his wife wants a new sheitel..

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 5:37 pm
Because they last for exactly three minutes.

A human hair shaitel will last me years and years so it's just not cost effective to buy synthetic (I buy on sale for very little).

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:02 pm
I bought synthetics at one point. They are not as well made. Don't tend to look natural. But can be stylish short term. A few washes and it's shot. Into the garbage. But it's okay, I can just get a new one every couple months. But over the course of a year or two it all adds up. Better to put the money towards something that really looks and feels like hair (cause it is!) and will last for years.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:07 pm
I have been wearing my synthetic for almost a year. It looks great. I get compliments all the time.
People think the more you pay for something the better it must be and buy expensive ones. Furthermore, if they spent a fortune and a synthetic which is a fraction of the cost is also good, that kind of makes them a fool.

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:10 pm
I wear synthetics.
They need to be washed monthly for maximum fresh and even then it's not stunning.
The style doesn't hold more then 2 days.
It looks shiny and oily and not very fresh.
The parts tend to frizz up badly

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:36 pm
they can be heavy and the color isn't nec natural. but everyone's face is different - some ladies look great with an $8 sheital - lucky them!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:41 pm
I tried wearing synthetics at one point. I'm a blonde and I found most of the synthetics coloring was a little too artificial and fake looking. Also they don't last very long.
My mom loves them. She has a basic brown/black hair color which is really easy to find a nice looking synthetic for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels