Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Maxi skirts - what age

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:42 pm
I am shopping online about to put in an order at tottini. They have a few maxi skirt/dress options for weekday that start at small sizes - some 6, others 8. I was under the impression that maxi/long midi isn't worn by the girls younger than middle school/high school age, but I think they skirts and dresses are cute. What age would they be appropriate to start? Or is it popular now for the younger ages as well? (I am shopping for DDs 5, 7, 10, 13)

srbmom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:03 am
My DD 12 just started wearing maxi skirts last year - and even so it'snot all the time. I think they're harder for the girls to run around and play in without the material getting stuck between their legs.
Honestly, if you look through their outlet pages those styles are always left in the smaller sizes, and it's probably because they're not as popular for that age

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:06 am
My 13 year old just started. I think it’s messy on little kids.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:48 am
My girls are tall. They've been wearing maxi since age five or six. How else would the skirt stay below their knees on a regular basis?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:49 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
My girls are tall. They've been wearing maxi since age five or six. How else would the skirt stay below their knees on a regular basis?

maxi skirts go to ankles. My tall kids are able to cover their knees at young ages. I shop in jewish stores they cover their knees.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:55 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
maxi skirts go to ankles. My tall kids are able to cover their knees at young ages. I shop in jewish stores they cover their knees.

You're lucky. Maxis on my girls go a few inches above the ankles. Knee length hits literally just below the knee, sometimes a bit above, and when they grow even a little, and when they run, they are above. And a dress that is knee length is above the knees if they raise their arms.

Side note- for the same reason, they usually can't wear 3/4 sleeves. Junees used to have 3/4 t shirts that were long enough, but a bunch of years ago they redesigned, and now I can't find a single brand that can pass the test of raising the arms straight ahead.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:57 am
I hear - so what age do you think it looks normal...sounds like not my little 2, for sure yes my DD13, what about DD10 turning 11 in the summer? and if yes, does it make a difference if it is down to her ankle or an inch or two above?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics