Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Master pesach lists?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:29 pm
Hi Smile I have a house with a bunch of rooms and so much stuff in storage and I'm getting super anxious because I've never made pesach before and I have a bunch of little kids...

Do people have tips or lists of EVERYTHING that must be done to clean... I mean down to the smallest tasks.

I am just intimidated by all the things to do and I feel like having it all jotted down will make it less daunting so I know that if I complete what's on the list, I will be done. Does anyone have this kind of cleaning list?

or any other suggestions and lists for pesach??

thank you!!

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:51 pm
I just work room to room.

In each room I go through all the drawers/cabinets and all the shelves and do a quick vacuum and wipe. And make sure to bring along a big garbage bag for all the things you want to throw out.
I then vacuum under and behind all the beds and furniture.

Kitchen/Dr is hardest. That is because you do actual cooking there and you eat there and you can't eat any chomets even a crumb. So there you will need to be much more careful and when I clean the fridge I will use Q-tips and toothpicks for corners and if I can't get anything I will spray it with some sort of cleaner that will render any crumb in edible. I then line any Shelf that food will actually go on so that means the shelves of my fridge, the counters that I will work on Etc. I hv a pesach kitchen so while I clean the surface and self clean my oven because I like to do it once a year I do not need to line it or any cabinets. However I still go through every cabinet and clean them through even though we do sell chometz.

It's not a 'kulah' not to clean windows or window shades or chandeliers. It's completely unnecessary, unless you plan to eat off of those because according to straight out halacha, you may OWN anything smaller than a size of a cheerio, you just can't EAT it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics