Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Fave chicken recipe

Traveller247

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 2:03 pm
What's your favourite chicken recipe?
On the bone, cutlets, pargiot etc all welcome

bp1234

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 2:06 pm
Pretzel chicken- coat cutlets in garlic mayo and then dip in crushed pretzels (I buy the flat circle baked type- they are the best!)

Traveller247

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 2:10 pm
bp1234 wrote:
Pretzel chicken- coat cutlets in garlic mayo and then dip in crushed pretzels (I buy the flat circle baked type- they are the best!)

Thank you!
Baked or fried?

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 2:48 pm
I just made this yesterday and my family devoured it. It was chicken thighs dipped into bbq sauce dipped into French’s fried onions and baked at 375 for 1 hr sbd 20 minutes. I made it with roasted broccoli and white rice..
my other favorite is chicken drumsticks made with a mixture of ketchup, mayonnaise, onion soup mix and apricot preserves.. bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. And pretzel chicken of course..

N'sMom

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 2:52 pm
I just made it this shabbos and it was devoured as usual. And it's insanely easy. Lemon chicken
Take 1 fresh lemon for each 4 pieces and squeeze it over the chicken. Roast at 350 until done (roughly an hoir and a half). . It's nice to put some sort of veggie in the pan. We like sliced zuchinni. Have some rice ready as the sauce in the pan is delicious!

BLG613

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 3:12 pm
Grilled Chimichurri pargiyot - soo yum!

Chimichurri -
Lots of parsley
3-4 garlic cloves
1/3 cup olive oil
2 TB red wine vinegar
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Red pepper flakes

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 3:39 pm
BLG613 wrote:
Grilled Chimichurri pargiyot - soo yum!

Chimichurri -
Lots of parsley
3-4 garlic cloves
1/3 cup olive oil
2 TB red wine vinegar
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Red pepper flakes

This sounds really good and I want to try it. Can you give a rough idea how much chimichurri to use and how long to cook. Thanks.

BLG613

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 4:07 pm
chocolatecake wrote:
This sounds really good and I want to try it. Can you give a rough idea how much chimichurri to use and how long to cook. Thanks.

If you have an outdoor grill, that's best. I don't know how long to cook sorry, I usually try to get good grill marks on each side. The good news is that pargiyot are really juicy and don't dry out easily so if you're nervous about overcooking, there's room for error Wink

Alternatively, you could also use a grill pan (just a little messier) or George Forman. Or broil on each side in the oven maybe 7-8 min per side?

In terms of amount of chimichurri, I usually use most of it for a pack of pargiyot.
Ideal to marinate so the chicken can absorb the flavors prior to cooking/grilling.

Love this because its easy, HEALTHY, so yum AND it heats up great for shabbos day (bc pargiyot dont dry out bh!)

Highly recommend investing in a small food processor - takes me 2 seconds to blend all the ingredients and super easy to clean - like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L.....en-US

tichellady

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 4:30 pm
Whole roasted, barbecued or smoked chicken

Traveller247

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 4:57 pm
Thanks for all the good ideas keep them coming please!

ahappygirl12

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:13 pm
Mushroom and onions sauteed in oil. Add chicken, beer, honey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and bake for a few hours. Delicious

teachkids

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:16 pm
In the crockpot- rice, water, chicken legs, taco seasoning. Cook on low 6-8 hours

Chickpea

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:18 pm
teachkids wrote:
In the crockpot- rice, water, chicken legs, taco seasoning. Cook on low 6-8 hours

Do you layer the rice on the bottom of the crockpot or do you put the rice in a mesh bag?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:21 pm
N'sMom wrote:
I just made it this shabbos and it was devoured as usual. And it's insanely easy. Lemon chicken
Take 1 fresh lemon for each 4 pieces and squeeze it over the chicken. Roast at 350 until done (roughly an hoir and a half). . It's nice to put some sort of veggie in the pan. We like sliced zuchinni. Have some rice ready as the sauce in the pan is delicious!

That’s it? Only lemon?

N'sMom

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:53 pm
Cheiny wrote:
That’s it? Only lemon?

Yes. But has to be fresh squeezed. Trust me it's delicious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey