Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you return calls from numbers you don't know?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:25 pm
If a random number calls you on your cell phone and you miss the call, do you call back?

I happens many times to me. I don't call back. I hate returning calls when I have no clue who, what, where.

If you don't leave a message or send me a text afterwards then I am going to assume you don't really need to speak to me

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:26 pm
Same

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:27 pm
I dont answer calls from random numbers, and I dont return calls. If its important, they will text me or leave a voicemail.

amother
Yellow

No. I don't. If its important they'll leave a message or send a text. Or call again.

613mitzvahgirl

Same, but I have friend who googles the number when that happens to her..

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:29 pm
The only time I think it's appropriate is if your phone doesn't have texting, but the texter won't know that you haven't received her text.

Otherwise, everyone important leaves either a voicemail or a text. Anyone that doesn't is either a close friend (who's number I recognize) or spam.

amother
Cobalt

613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Same, but I have friend who googles the number when that happens to her..

Oh I find out on the app who it is but I still don’t call back. But I will pick up if I’m avail when they call.

amother
OP

I also get weirded out when its the same number that calls 2-3 times. For example: yesterday at 10am today at 11am and tonight at 9pm. I missed all those calls (meeting with boss, at the doctor, on another call...)

I'm super curious who this person is. But now I almost davka don't want to even pickup the phone if they call again! Leave me a message for heavens sake and I'll call you back when I can! lol

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:31 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Oh I find out on the app who it is but I still don’t call back. But I will pick up if I’m avail when they call.

What's this app? it will tell you who a cell number is?

socialbutterfly

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:31 pm
Usually, no. But sometimes if I'm curious or if I think I know who it is based on area code.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
If a random number calls you on your cell phone and you miss the call, do you call back?

I happens many times to me. I don't call back. I hate returning calls when I have no clue who, what, where.

If you don't leave a message or send me a text afterwards then I am going to assume you don't really need to speak to me

No. Of course not. Why would anyone? If you don't recognize the number and they didn't leave a message, 99/100 times it's a spam call.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
What's this app? it will tell you who a cell number is?
Yes, check out Truecaller

zaq

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:39 pm
No, of course not. If it's legit, they'll leave a message or call back. If they can't be bothered to leave a message, I can't be bothered to chase them down. Oftentimes, scammers call numbers just to see if the numbers are "live" iow assigned to a person's account. Why help them out? Let them think the number is dead.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:49 pm
Why would you not call them back especially if they called multiple times?
It can be anyone needing anything from you.

UQT

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:52 pm
Please don’t! Did you ever dial the wrong number for 1.0 second and hang up in a flash only to have the person literally stalk you until you pick up and say I’m sorry I dialed wrong and it literally didn’t even ring. Relax. If someone wants you they will text or leave a message.

Last edited by UQT on Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:52 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Why would you not call them back especially if they called multiple times?
It can be anyone needing anything from you.

If they need something, it's on them to leave me a message.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:54 pm
If the same number calls again I would pick up. Scenario I can think of is someone is calling to get shidduch reference (I personally wouldn't leave a message when I call for references)

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:55 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
If the same number calls again I would pick up. Scenario I can think of is someone is calling to get shidduch reference (I personally wouldn't leave a message when I call for references)

Why?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:20 pm
amother Smokey wrote:

This actually was specifically why I posted the question initially.

I was talking to my mom who has been doing lots of shidduch research for 2 of my siblings and she was saying how its super annoying when friends don't call her back. I told her that possibly sometimes you only listen to your voicemail a day or two later and then you don't bother calling back because you think that at that point they made do without your input.
so my mom was like "But I don't leave messages ever to friends". Firstly, why ever not? and secondly, you better believe no one is calling a random number back if they missed the call. She couldn't understand me so I wanted to check how crazy I was for saying this to her. Sounds like I was pretty much right.

And when I posted again about that random number? It coincidently happened yesterday and the day before. If you are so desperate to reach me that you called me three times then please leave a message! And if its someone close to me that needs me, you better believe they would have left a message.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:22 pm
One more thing. If your voicemail is full, you can't rely on that they would leave a message. Remember a lot of people don't have texting.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette