Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Weekday skirts for middle-aged yeshivish?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:31 pm
What are ladies my age wearing now for weekday skirts?

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:21 pm
Not exactly what you're looking for, I'm a 35 yr old morah but I dress kinda middle aged, yeshivish OOT and I either wear black pleated skirts or A line skirts. the basic nice ones

I really like Brooklyn Southwest. They have a huge array of skirts in different lengths and you can see what others are trying on.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 4:40 am
What length are people wearing?

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 4:43 am
How tall are you?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 5:13 am
5’4”

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:11 am
I should follow this, same height, but not yet middle-aged.
I wear all sorts of skirts. Long A-line floral, shorter black pleated, long patterned pleated, etc....I shop in local stores, on Shein, wherever I find what I like....

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:30 am
I asked about op’s height because I’m only 5” tall and I find that maxi length doesn’t look so good on me even though that seems to be the style. When you wear short, it has to be the right length to look good.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:34 am
amother Quince wrote:
I asked about op’s height because I’m only 5” tall and I find that maxi length doesn’t look so good on me even though that seems to be the style. When you wear short, it has to be the right length to look good.

My DD is about 5 ft tall and she looks gorgeous in maxi skirts.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:03 am
I have pleated skirts but hoping something else is coming in?

marvinkay

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:10 am
How old is middle aged? 40?

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:19 am
I am 40 and like a looser shirt to hide my stomach so I prefer straighter skirts to A Line. I love the baby o midi skirt on amazon I wear with it all kinds of shirts. I have some maxi skirts, some dresses by mayas place.

Today I am wearing a maxi by wear and flair. Its not slinky but not overly stiff. I am wearing it with an esteez shirt that I love because it hides my stomach without looking like a tent.

Last edited by mha3484 on Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:51 am
45ish

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:03 am
Chayalle wrote:
My DD is about 5 ft tall and she looks gorgeous in maxi skirts.

She’s probably a good 30 lbs less than me 😂
But I’m probably close to 30 yrs older than she is…
What type of maxi skirts does she wear? Pleated?

I went to Brooklyn southwest this week and took 8 skirts into the dressing room… walked out with nothing. I have a very hard time with skirts due to my height and weight.
Maybe I should go early in the day when they open and try to get someone to help me…

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:08 am
amother Quince wrote:
She’s probably a good 30 lbs less than me 😂
But I’m probably close to 30 yrs older than she is…
What type of maxi skirts does she wear? Pleated?

I went to Brooklyn southwest this week and took 8 skirts into the dressing room… walked out with nothing. I have a very hard time with skirts due to my height and weight.
Maybe I should go early in the day when they open and try to get someone to help me…

She is very slender in addition to being petite. I guess that makes it easier....I'm 5'4 and I can try on a dozen skirts and I stick out wrong in most of them.....
She wears all kinds of maxi skirts. A-line, pleated, etc...last night at a family Sheva Brachos she wore a black-abstract-style a-line maxi skirt with a ribbed black cardigan. She looked beautiful (OK I'm her mother but she did look beautiful.)
I do find it easier to get help earlier in the day. My next DD (who is not short) went to Fame on lunch break and was able to find some clothes with help.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:09 am
amother OP wrote:
45ish

I am totally offended. We are NOT middle aged yet.

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:15 am
Chayalle wrote:

I posted this last year. I feel like in terms of clothes the term middle age feels weird but there is a middle stage. I dont want to dress like my 12th grade neighbor but I also dont want to dress like my mother. There is an in between stage between the two.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:20 am
mha3484 wrote:
I posted this last year. I feel like in terms of clothes the term middle age feels weird but there is a middle stage. I dont want to dress like my 12th grade neighbor but I also dont want to dress like my mother. There is an in between stage between the two.

Absolutely!!!
I have teenage daughters. I don’t want to be wearing the same things as their friends. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if I were very thin?
But I also don’t want to be wearing the same things as my 75 year old mother!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:23 am
Chayalle wrote:

Do you think 45 is still considered “young”? At what age does middle-age start If not 40? Typically 40 to 65 would be middle-age and 65 and older would be senior.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:34 am
amother Periwinkle wrote:
Do you think 45 is still considered “young”? At what age does middle-age start If not 40? Typically 40 to 65 would be middle-age and 65 and older would be senior.

I still consider myself young....(that doesn't make me a teenager). I'm not being middle-aged till I'm 60. Senior is 75-80....

agreer

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:42 am
marvinkay wrote:
How old is middle aged? 40?

NOOOOOO

50 minimum.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries