Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Junee’s gift card a few months ago

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 5:23 am
Someone so nicely and with such a huge heart gave me a gift card through imamother to Junees. However, it then declined because she cancelled it because it too a while to come. So I am left with not being able to use it and DDs and I need clothes for pesach. Is there any way to get them to revamp it to kind of like go back and reverse and Re activiate it so I can use it?

groovy1224

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:35 am
There was actually already a thread about this..search junees and it'll come up.

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:38 am
Didn't the person already send a new one last time this thread was opened?

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Someone so nicely and with such a huge heart gave me a gift card through imamother to Junees. However, it then declined because she cancelled it because it too a while to come. So I am left with not being able to use it and DDs and I need clothes for pesach. Is there any way to get them to revamp it to kind of like go back and reverse and Re activiate it so I can use it?

If she canceled it, she was refunded the money.
So Junee is not going to reactivate it, as they have no way to get paid for a new one.

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:10 am
amother Outerspace wrote:

If I recall correctly, two people had this issue and I cant remember if it was the same amother who sent both gift cards, but I remember one was resent.

OP, it's very possible the generous amother is taking a break from the site for now for however long and may or may not see it. I'm sorry, there is no other way to contact her.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:17 am
amother Outerspace wrote:

So there were two people. I think the other lady got a new one but I did not. Which is fine, it’s in no way her obligation to resend. I was just hoping there is a way to rectify it that I can still get it from junees

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 9:45 am
amother OP wrote:
So there were two people. I think the other lady got a new one but I did not. Which is fine, it’s in no way her obligation to resend. I was just hoping there is a way to rectify it that I can still get it from junees

Unfortunately no. The transaction was canceled and she got refunded for the gift card, so there are no funds for the card to reactivate

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 9:48 am
Why would someone gift a gift card & then cancel it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 9:53 am
amother Wine wrote:
Why would someone gift a gift card & then cancel it?

I’m not sure. I think it was because it was taking a long time to come so she cancelled it assuming they took her money and weren’t sending it. I think that’s what she explained on that other thread.
We assumed it wasn’t coming because it took a few weeks. Then we got it and when I went to use it (maybe a month later), it didn’t work. When I asked Junees they said she disputed the transaction

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m not sure. I think it was because it was taking a long time to come so she cancelled it assuming they took her money and weren’t sending it. I think that’s what she explained on that other thread.
We assumed it wasn’t coming because it took a few weeks. Then we got it and when I went to use it (maybe a month later), it didn’t work. When I asked Junees they said she disputed the transaction

It's weird to just cancel without contacting the store about it....

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 10:19 am
amother OP wrote:

I think people started to feel taken advantage of and started doubting their giving. I'm not saying that's what she did and I am certainly not saying chas v'shalom that you took advantage. But if she disputed the charge, came back to the thread and sent a new card to one person but not both, maybe she decided she was done with this anonymous gifting?

Junee took WEEKS to send an electronic gift card?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:52 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
I think people started to feel taken advantage of and started doubting their giving. I'm not saying that's what she did and I am certainly not saying chas v'shalom that you took advantage. But if she disputed the charge, came back to the thread and sent a new card to one person but not both, maybe she decided she was done with this anonymous gifting?

Junee took WEEKS to send an electronic gift card?

Absolutely and I don’t fault her at all.

Yes it took a long time for Junees to send (don’t remember the time frame, maybe not weeks but for sure a lot longer than expected which left us wondering what’s going on).

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:53 pm
amother Wine wrote:
It's weird to just cancel without contacting the store about it....

I’m really not sure what happened and not my place at all to judge or try to understand. I appreciate that she tried to do a chesed for that her schar is huge.
I just wish there was a way I could still have access to that money that would help with clothes for yom tov
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics