Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Septuplets!!!!
1  2  3  4  Next

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 3:02 am
http://news.aol.com/article/eg.....36392

So what do you say to this????

Now imagine if they would have all been girls! Tongue Out

And where does someone carry/fit 7 babies? shock

catonmylap

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 3:08 am
She's very lucky to have made it through with all the babies surviving. Hopefully, none of them will have long term problems, but often premies do.

It sounds really irresponsible to me to give fertility drugs to a women who already has 3 children. She also obviously wasn't monitored well.

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 3:39 am
catonmylap wrote:
It sounds really irresponsible to me to give fertility drugs to a women who already has 3 children.

Why?

shalhevet

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 3:43 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:
catonmylap wrote:
It sounds really irresponsible to me to give fertility drugs to a women who already has 3 children.

Why?

I think cat was talking about this case, and not about a woman with IF who has been married for many years and wants a fourth child and can only get pregnant with help. She is 27 and already had 3 children. Maybe a little patience would have paid off for things to work naturally. By risking septuplets she put her own and her children's lives at risk.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 3:51 am
Also the fact that the article repeatedly states she wanted a son... not that she actually had any fertility problems.

In addition, it doesn't seem like her cycle was monitored very well because it was obviously a case of ovarian hyperstimulation. Most, if not all responsible fertility doctors would have canceled the cycle.

This reminds me of the 71 year old Indian woman who had twins because her husband wanted a son. He went into severe debt to get his wife pregnant.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 3:54 am
I was a little taken aback by cat's comment, until I read the article. Yeah, she only did it to have a boy.

But they seem very healthy. Ranging from ~3 to ~6 lbs?

catonmylap

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 4:39 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:
catonmylap wrote:

Why?

Because she had no fertility issues. She wanted multiples to increase the likelihood that she would have a boy.

rowo

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:00 am
wow, I'm amazed that she carried them for so long, till the end of the 8th month!?!
and that they are so big, even 3 pounds for a baby that was squished in with 6 others sounds big, that some were as big as 6 pounds is incredible.
I would be curious to see what she looked like... with my one little 7 pounder I sometimes felt like I could hardly move...

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:19 am
This is dangerous and irresponsible use of ART.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:33 am
rowo wrote:
wow, I'm amazed that she carried them for so long, till the end of the 8th month!?!
and that they are so big, even 3 pounds for a baby that was squished in with 6 others sounds big, that some were as big as 6 pounds is incredible.
I would be curious to see what she looked like... with my one little 7 pounder I sometimes felt like I could hardly move...

On thinking about it, it sounds absolutely unbelievable. I think someone somewhere is either deliberately or unknowingly lying. How on earth can a septuplet be six pounds and carry to 8 months? There is something fishy about this whole story. Have there ever been septuplets when all survived up until now?

chaylizi

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:36 am
she must have been enormous before she gave birth. I wonder where she got the fertility drugs from.

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 9:01 am
shalhevet wrote:
rowo wrote:

On thinking about it, it sounds absolutely unbelievable. I think someone somewhere is either deliberately or unknowingly lying. How on earth can a septuplet be six pounds and carry to 8 months? There is something fishy about this whole story. Have there ever been septuplets when all survived up until now?

Quote:
The McCaughey septuplets (in birth order--Kenneth Robert, Alexis May, Natalie Sue, Kelsey Ann, Nathan Roy, Brandon James, Joel Steven) are the world's first surviving set of septuplets.

They were born in Des Moines, Iowa on November 19, 1997, nine weeks prematurely

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.....plets

2 of them have cp.

I know someone who is one of sextuplets. (a jewish family in south africa)

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 9:06 am
Raisin wrote:

Quote:
The McCaughey septuplets (in birth order--Kenneth Robert, Alexis May, Natalie Sue, Kelsey Ann, Nathan Roy, Brandon James, Joel Steven) are the world's first surviving set of septuplets.

They were born in Des Moines, Iowa on November 19, 1997, nine weeks prematurely

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.....plets

2 of them have cp.

I know someone who is one of sextuplets. (a jewish family in south africa)

And if you look at the birth weights, the BIGGEST one was barely over 3 lbs whereas this woman has her SMALLEST at barely over 3 lbs.

shosh

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 9:07 am
Carrying twins full term was hard enough. And I lost a major artery in my leg as a result! I dread to think what would have happened with seven ....

Pineapple

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 10:18 am
Wow amazing! There weights are great!

debs123

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 10:25 am
wow!!

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 11:00 am
Good point, shalhevet. I also thought it seems incredible. So who can find a satisfactory answer? Tongue Out

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 11:04 am
shalhevet wrote:
rowo wrote:

The picture shown with the article has the nurses handling babies who look full term. I thought something was fishy there.....

Last edited by Tamiri on Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 11:35 am
those babies sure are big ...

Motek

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 11:45 am
shalhevet wrote:
By risking septuplets she put her own and her children's lives at risk.

By not having a son she was possibly putting her own life at risk.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics