Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Septuplets!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Pineapple

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 11:47 am
Motek wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
By risking septuplets she put her own and her children's lives at risk.

By not having a son she was possibly putting her own life at risk.

How true that can be Sad

soldat

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:04 pm
Quote:
The babies' father is a farm worker who earns about $4 a day when he is employed, which is usually only a day or two each week, said Khamis' brother, whose name is Khamis Khamis.

scource - AP

where did they get the money for fertillity drugs??

Pineapple

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:10 pm
soldat wrote:
whose name is Khamis Khamis.

What a name!

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:11 pm
Pineapple wrote:
soldat wrote:

What a name!
A name so nice, you say it twice.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:15 pm
Whats also interesting is that there is only one picture being shown on all the news articles. Also in the article it says that they were divided and placed in 4 different hospitals, yet in that picture they're all in the same hospital.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:18 pm
Also, why has she only seen the babies on tv?

soldat

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:28 pm
Clarissa wrote:

that's what I was thinking
if the tv crews can get in, why can't mom?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:30 pm
Pineapple wrote:
soldat wrote:

What a name!

Don't joke. I know Jews named Yosef Yosef and Ovadia Ovadia. It's a middle Eastern thang

shalhevet

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:38 pm
The more you analyse it the weirder it is. A woman is 27 and already has 3 children. She is poor in a country where poor is really, really poor. She has the money and gets a doctor to give her fertility drugs, when she had another 15 fertile years to have a boy naturally. She gets pregnancy care in a backward country, but manages to carry 7 babies almost to term, all with good birth weights. Is there anyone in America or Europe who carried even quads into the eighth month? Does anyone know of a triplet weighing 6 pounds at birth?

Why do only we on imamother think it's weird?

If someone from Egypt announces this happened, can anyone check up on it? Or do the news agencies just copy the press release they got from the hospital?

Oh, and Clarissa, I was literally LOL from your rhyming talent. LOL

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:38 pm
soldat wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

that's what I was thinking
if the tv crews can get in, why can't mom?
She's probably not well enough to get out of bed.

And the original pic of them all in the same hospital can be before they were separated. But why were they??

Strudel

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 1:01 pm
The weights of the babies seems impossible to me. Afew of them are 6lbs. One thought I had is that the media has reported the weights incorrectly.

catonmylap

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 1:01 pm
She probably took clomid from her ob, and got pregnant on the first try. My guess is it didn't cost much.

They could have been moved to the different hospital after the picture was taken.

Why would they lie about this story??

sarahd

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 2:18 pm
How many Egyptian peasant women have access to obstetrical care, that she could have gotten Clomid from her ob?

RedVines

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 4:24 pm
did anyone look through those pics? Of the Indian lady who passed out on a train and gave birth9 weeks early and the baby fell through the toilet through the tracks and was there for 2 HOURS....until they found him, alive! As I write this I cant believe it...

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 5:26 pm
It must be something still left behind in the Egyptian air. After all, it was quite ordinary for Jews who lived there before 3320 years ago to give birth to 6 healthy babies at a time.

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 6:16 pm
shalhevet wrote:
If someone from Egypt announces this happened, can anyone check up on it? Or do the news agencies just copy the press release they got from the hospital?

To answer your second question, yes.

Then all the agencies who didn't have the story think, "oh no, we're being scooped!" and race to put the story in their headlines. Who checks facts when its the AP? (note how AP protected itself by saying the story came from the woman's family and hospital staff).

Then everyone believes it because it's in all of the news sources.

Then, if/when it turns out to be false, the same news sources can get readers' attention (and thus make money) a second time by running a faux-scandalized article about the lies in the septuplet story. It's good to be in the news industry.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 7:56 pm
RedVines wrote:
did anyone look through those pics? Of the Indian lady who passed out on a train and gave birth9 weeks early and the baby fell through the toilet through the tracks and was there for 2 HOURS....until they found him, alive! As I write this I cant believe it...

Oh, yeah, I read that. Whoa. A preemie of 7 months surviving on the train tracks for 2 hours. I was wondering what happened with the umbilical cord, though.

Pineapple

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:40 pm
GAMZu wrote:
RedVines wrote:

Oh, yeah, I read that. Whoa. A preemie of 7 months surviving on the train tracks for 2 hours. I was wondering what happened with the umbilical cord, though.

I guess it got cut by the train Rolling Eyes

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:42 pm
Well, that's one way to cut the cord.

rowo

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 12:03 am
the indian train story also seems VERY strange. last time I checked babies don't just fly out of their mothers before there is a chance to react. also, the whole toilet system seems very weird, there is just a hole onto the tracks!?!? I would imagine one would need to do some sort of flush...

some of those other birth story pictures are pretty unbelievable, did you see the size of those twins... I think they were both over 10 pounds!!!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics