Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Septuplets!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 12:19 am
rowo wrote:
also, the whole toilet system seems very weird, there is just a hole onto the tracks!?!? I would imagine one would need to do some sort of flush...

I believe the toilets are little more than port-a-johns, but without the bottom.

Raisin

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 5:52 am
YESHASettler wrote:
rowo wrote:
also, the whole toilet system seems very weird, there is just a hole onto the tracks!?!? I would imagine one would need to do some sort of flush...

I believe the toilets are little more than port-a-johns, but without the bottom.

I was a little suspicous of that story. perhaps the mother dropped the baby herself.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 5:56 am
Is the toilet hole in the Indian train toilets that big, or did it dilate to accomodate the baby's head?

Friendly

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 6:40 am
Know anyone who gave birth to a 24 pound baby? Cuz this woman was carrying AT LEAST that! (If you count 6 of the babies to be at the min 3 pounds each, plus the 6 pound one... )

Yeah, there are definitely holes in this story...

Apparently the babies were divided cuz the hospital didn't have enough incubators to accomodate them all, although I now have to go back and check the pic, as I don't recall seeing the babies in incubators there.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 9:27 am
Tamiri wrote:
Is the toilet hole in the Indian train toilets that big, or did it dilate to accomodate the baby's head?

The baby was 2 months premature. The size of the hole isn't the surprising thing. It's the umbilical cord. If this really happened, the baby would have been dragged along with the train by the cord. Or at the very least would hang there in the toilet.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 9:29 am
GAMZu wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

The baby was 2 months premature. The size of the hole isn't the surprising thing. It's the umbilical cord. If this really happened, the baby would have been dragged along with the train by the cord. Or at the very least would hang there in the toilet.

Maybe the baby was delivered, then the mother waited to deliver the placenta, and only *then* pressed the escape-hatch lever open.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 9:48 am
Tamiri wrote:
GAMZu wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

Maybe the baby was delivered, then the mother waited to deliver the placenta, and only *then* pressed the escape-hatch lever open.
Maybe, I don't know, but I just wanted to continue the rainbow Very Happy

catonmylap

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 4:13 am
This is making even less sense- they did ivf???

http://thescotsman.scotsman.co.....99.jp

How on earth did they get 7 babies out of that??? What doctor would transfer more than 2 embryos on a fresh cycle to a woman with no previous fertility issues????

very fishy?? no?

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 4:21 am
How does a farmer, who earns $8 a week afford IVF treatments? What doctor would implant SEVEN embryos into a woman???

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 4:33 am
YESHASettler wrote:
How does a farmer, who earns $8 a week afford IVF treatments? What doctor would implant SEVEN embryos into a woman???

You're right. Both points don't make sense. She probably took a good dosage of infertility pills and maybe had an IUI done.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 4:33 am
Her parents paid? I heard that at the village down the road wages are much better. Or, maybe her father is an ob/gyn and a friend did him a favor.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 4:38 am
Tamiri, I'm not sure what type of health insurance they have in Egypt, but I know in the States, one IVF cycle costs tens of thousands of dollars.

Here in Israel, where IF treatments are mostly covered by insurance, the meds, treatments, tests for 'just' IUI will still cost the couple several thousand shekels per cycle. IVF is MUCH more expensive.

catonmylap

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 4:59 am
YESHASettler wrote:

Here in Israel, where IF treatments are mostly covered by insurance, the meds, treatments, tests for 'just' IUI will still cost the couple several thousand shekels per cycle. IVF is MUCH more expensive.

It's not much more. You just take a couple more drugs(and a higher dose of the same ones), so it's just a little higher outlay for the meds which is partially covered anyway. The monitoring, retrieval, and transfer don't cost a thing.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 5:03 am
I stand corrected Smile Is storage of frozen embryos covered at all?

catonmylap

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 5:20 am
YESHASettler wrote:
I stand corrected Smile Is storage of frozen embryos covered at all?

completely and totally covered.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 10:15 am
Do you realize that they changed the original birth weights?

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 10:17 am
Yeah.

ChutzPAh

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 9:41 pm
Did anyone see the story today about the lady in Israel who was told she had a stillborn and when then went to retrieve the body from the morgue, found it to be breathing with a faint pulse? I don't know how to post links, but it was posted on AOL news.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 10:47 am
Fertility treatments like everything else cost what people are willing to pay for them. It's considerably cheaper in other countries like India

http://www.healthnews.com/fami......html

excerpt from this article
In vitro fertilization treatments that would cost perhaps $70,000 in the States can be had in Cape Town, South Africa, for around $14,500; or for around $7,000 in India; far less than they would cost in the United States. Reproductive tourism has made IVF and other assistive reproductive procedures affordable for many couples who would have no chance of receiving the treatments in their own countries.

bpgirl

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 11:05 am
wow!! what a story!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics