Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Septuplets!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4

Strudel

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 11:34 am
I would love to see a picture of the mom before she gave birth. With 7 babies at those weights she must have been huge. That's if the story is true, as I still have my doubts...

gamekeeper

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 1:45 am
Raisin wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
rowo wrote:
wow, I'm amazed that she carried them for so long, till the end of the 8th month!?!
and that they are so big, even 3 pounds for a baby that was squished in with 6 others sounds big, that some were as big as 6 pounds is incredible.
I would be curious to see what she looked like... with my one little 7 pounder I sometimes felt like I could hardly move...

On thinking about it, it sounds absolutely unbelievable. I think someone somewhere is either deliberately or unknowingly lying. How on earth can a septuplet be six pounds and carry to 8 months? There is something fishy about this whole story. Have there ever been septuplets when all survived up until now?

Quote:
The McCaughey septuplets (in birth order--Kenneth Robert, Alexis May, Natalie Sue, Kelsey Ann, Nathan Roy, Brandon James, Joel Steven) are the world's first surviving set of septuplets.

They were born in Des Moines, Iowa on November 19, 1997, nine weeks prematurely

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.....plets

2 of them have cp.

I know someone who is one of sextuplets. (a jewish family in south africa)

really who are they?

chavamom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 1:55 am
shalhevet wrote:
The more you analyse it the weirder it is. A woman is 27 and already has 3 children. She is poor in a country where poor is really, really poor. She has the money and gets a doctor to give her fertility drugs,

Just an aside - she didn't have to get the drugs reputably. There is a woman on another board I am on (non-Jewish) who got Clomid off the internet and had triplets shock

chavamom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 2:00 am
GAMZu wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
Is the toilet hole in the Indian train toilets that big, or did it dilate to accomodate the baby's head?

The baby was 2 months premature. The size of the hole isn't the surprising thing. It's the umbilical cord. If this really happened, the baby would have been dragged along with the train by the cord. Or at the very least would hang there in the toilet.

1) In much of the Middle and Far East, "toilets" are just a hole in the ground with a "foot pad" that you squat on. The Old City in Jerusalem used to have toilets like this in the Arab Quarters (who knows - maybe they still do!). I don't know about the trains, but it wouldn't surprise me if yes, it's just a hole through the bottom of the floor boards. In India, human waste in the streets is common.
2) As to the umbilical cord, from such a drop, it could have ripped. And no, the baby wouldn't necessarily have hemorrhaged. I've seen a couple cases where the cord broke and there was little bleeding and heard similar stories from OB.

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 3:00 am
chavamom wrote:
GAMZu wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
Is the toilet hole in the Indian train toilets that big, or did it dilate to accomodate the baby's head?

The baby was 2 months premature. The size of the hole isn't the surprising thing. It's the umbilical cord. If this really happened, the baby would have been dragged along with the train by the cord. Or at the very least would hang there in the toilet.

1) In much of the Middle and Far East, "toilets" are just a hole in the ground with a "foot pad" that you squat on. The Old City in Jerusalem used to have toilets like this in the Arab Quarters (who knows - maybe they still do!). I don't know about the trains, but it wouldn't surprise me if yes, it's just a hole through the bottom of the floor boards. In India, human waste in the streets is common.
2) As to the umbilical cord, from such a drop, it could have ripped. And no, the baby wouldn't necessarily have hemorrhaged. I've seen a couple cases where the cord broke and there was little bleeding and heard similar stories from OB.

So that's why when there was a march on Yom Yerushalayim about 11 years ago that the Arab quarter smelled soo bad.... yuck
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics