Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Frozen bagels

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:07 am
Would you give out bagels that you froze for mm. Fresh from bagel store this morning.

With what?

#Happymom

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:09 am
Course! Tuna, cream cheese, cut up veg...

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:09 am
Sounds yum. You can put a scoop of tuna, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, a milk carton or orange juice box drink or bottled water, some sliced vegetables.
I’d love this

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:12 am
Thanks. I have a ton of bagels left from my babys bris this morning and thought maybe I can use them up that way.

So if I freeze today, I take out night before Purim?

Boca00

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:23 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. I have a ton of bagels left from my babys bris this morning and thought maybe I can use them up that way.

Mazel tov! Such a great idea. Keep it simple, you just had a baby!

A scoop of cream cheese in a small (salad dressing type) of container and/or a scoop of tuna and a few grape tomatoes is plenty. Or if they sell mini cream cheeses that works too.

If you want to get fancy you can add a small carton/bottle of OJ or an iced coffee but it’s really not necessary. You should not be cutting any veggies up or doing anything complicated.

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 1:01 pm
The kosher supermarket here buys bagels in bulk from NY, freezes them and then sells them thawed. Or receives them frozen and then sells them thawed. No reason why you can't do the same.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 3:24 pm
amother OP wrote:

Take them out morning of purim. They thaw quickly. Will taste fresher.
Take a pretty box or bag and add in an individually wrapped cream cheese to go, and a little container baby carrots, snow peas and grape tomatoes (no cutting needed).
Mazel Tov!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 3:48 pm
Thanks everyone!

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 5:30 pm
Mazel Tov!!!
That sounds delicious.
I hope you’re my neighbor.
Your baby’s first Purim! He can be your theme. He’s as fragrant and soft as a fresh warm bagel.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 5:35 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Mazel Tov!!!
That sounds delicious.
I hope you’re my neighbor.
Your baby’s first Purim! He can be your theme. He’s as fragrant and soft as a fresh warm bagel.

Love that! We aren't really themed but I did buy him a cute cozy bear costume. My other kids are being ttly random though. Lol

They pick wtvr costume they want and I match their specific mm to their costume.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics