Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Child swallowed lens solution

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:03 pm
On shabbos my 3 year old swallowed about an ounce of lens solution. I don't see any concerning symptoms do I need to still call my Dr even if it's after 24 hours?

Orangehead

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:12 pm
It’s probably fine if it’s so long ago and he is acting fine. If it makes you feel better you can call poison control

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:14 pm
It’s just saline, which is pretty much water and salt. How much did he have? I really doubt it’s an issue at all

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:33 pm
What made you ask now?
24h after he drunk some

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:35 am
amother Brown wrote:
What made you ask now?
24h after he drunk some

I didn't call anyone Bec I thought what would they do anyway. There was no concerning symptoms but I made him to drink a lot of water. Today was so busy I barely had time to breathe and then later I'm like hey I really should've called the Dr

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:38 am
amother Blush wrote:
It’s just saline, which is pretty much water and salt. How much did he have? I really doubt it’s an issue at all

It was one of those mini travel size bottles and he didn't drink all of it so it was around an ounce...

Just trying to make myself feel better that he really is fine and I shouldn't be nervous just wondering if I should bother calling the Dr

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:38 am
For future reference, this is what Poison Control Center is there for. But probably nothing to worry about for this time.

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:44 am
Being that you put contact lens solution on a lens that goes into your eyes, I hardly think it would do any damage inside your child's mouth or stomach.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:50 am
amother Blush wrote:

No it’s not. Contact lens solution has boric acid, hydrogen peroxide…

After 24 hrs I would assume it’s fine tho.

newinbp

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:53 pm
When you call poison control it’s really helpful. They ask you how much, what it is, age of child, etc and are non judgemental. Op I would still recommend you call they can help guide you. Hatzlacha!

Mother1010

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 7:10 pm
Read the label: If its poison it will say call poison control at 800-222-1222, Otherwise it will give instructions what to do. At this point it sounds like everything is BH ok.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 10:13 pm
Bh seems like everything is ok but on the bottle it doesn't say to call poison control. It just says keep away from children. So I guess it's not so bad...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics